chapter 47

Wally's POV

When I woke on the couch of the Wayne manor I was alone. The seats beside me where cold. Had I dreamt the whole thing!? Where they still captured!? This couldn't be happening! It has all felt so real, like I had really held them in my arms.

There was a humming from the other room, Alfred. I could ask Alfred about it too see if it was a dream; though he could very well feel sad for me and think I'm going crazy. No, it didn't matter I had to know.

How would I bring it up though, I couldn't just ask if it was real. What do I say!? Hey alfred did my two missing best friend really come home? He would look at me like I'm stupid. Hey alfred where are Artemis and Robin? Do I even say Robin, do I say dick? Hey alfred did I just dream up something that I really want or are my best friends safe? I have no clue what to say.

Walking up to him, I stand there for a second nervous to ask. "Ah, young Wally, Dick is in the study, Artemis went to find someone, they are both doing just fine." He said so I didn't have to ask. This took a huge weight off of my shoulders, not only was it real, I didn't look like an idiot. He then asked "did you have a good nap then?" I nodded politely smiling "yeah, it was good, thanks Alfred." Trying to exit without seeming to rude, I take off to the study.

In all my years of being dick's friend I had only been in the room twice. Neither time was for longer than five minutes. It was always just for him to grab something or to talk to Bruce. So looking around still shocked me when I went in.

Not only did the room shock me but also Dick himself. Sitting on a stool facing the window, he was painting. Never before have I seen him even look at a paintbrush, yet here he was a canvas in front of him. As soon as he  heard me he jumped and tried to hide what the picture held.

I took a closer look at the easel behind him and on it was Artemis, she was chained to the table and something was going into her arm. There were doctors around her with clipboards. Dick seemed so ashamed and scared and that's when it hit me this was a memory. This is what they did to my best friends.

He looked at me and I saw it, the shame. Why was he so ashamed none of it was his fault. Tears brimmed his eyes and he was holding back his words. Finally he broke the silence "it's my fault they kept hurting her, I was weak." He took a huge sigh and in a shaking breath he whispered "I was weak before and it got the people I love killed, how could I let it happen again!?"

My arms wrap tightly around him and in that moment I remember just how young and small he is. Brushing my hand through his hair to calm him, I tell him "It's not your fault, you did your best, I'm so proud of you." He just hugs me tight and cries into my shoulder.

I want to find the people who did this. I want them brought to justice. They can't be allowed to do this to anyone else ever again. The people I love are hurting in a way they will never be the same again. My beautiful strong Artemis gets scared if you clap your hands. They are both in a state of constant panic and I can't fix it.

Hey lovelies, I'm back yeah it's been a hot minute but it's summer now and I'm finally able to function again somewhat so you know progress, anyways thanks for reading hope you enjoy sorry for the slow updates