chapter 38

Artemis's POV

All I could feel was cold. Like I was outside in the winter. It was like I could not move. I couldn't open my eyes.
"Why did we take these two, they're children?" An unknown voice says from somewhere to my right. There is another voice accompaning the other man. This time it's a woman. Her posh voice makes her sound like a scientist.
"because these to are the closest to Batman he will most definitely come for these two. If it was anyone else he would deligate it it out." The lady said.
Then I get a stabbing pain in my inner elbow. The heat of getting a shot rushes up my arm. I suddenly get very drowsy. Like a light I'm out without another thought. "Art" "art" "Artemis" Rob's voice comes from my side waking me up. This time my eyes open and I can look to my right.
There I see Robin. His face has a huge gash on his forehead and his arm has a bump most likely a bone sticking out.
"Where are we?" My voice is coarse and quiet. "I'm not sure and I don't know how long we've been here either!" It was clear the boy was distraught. He didn't have any information that would be of any use and it was making him go crazy. "They don't want us," I say slowly making him very confused so I continue "they want Batman" tears roll down my cheeks without my permission.
I haven't cried in forever and I'm doing it over something as stupid as them wanting someone who is perfectly safe. Batman would never let himself get caught by them. I turn back to the younger boy next to me after whipping the tear away with my shoulder. "We need to find a way out before someone comes for us." I say.
There is no way I'm going to have someone else get hurt because of me. The little bird looked at me, his eyes squinting, almost to see if I was kidding. "We can't even move our hands how are we supposed to get away do you suppose?!" His voice lifted he was angry but not at me, at the situation as a whole.
Before I can even respond there is two women in white coats with blonde hair pulled back into a slick bun walking in. No words are spoken as they come closer to my cart and begin to roll me out. I want to thrash and scream in protest but I sit still not daring to say anything. They lead me down a few dreary hallways before we enter into a room.
The room around me is lit by a tall floor lamp in the corner. The walls are the same moldy maroon as the hallways. The only furnichure in the room is a metal folding chair and a rolling desk with a wooden stool. Strapping me into the chair, the ladies look pained but continue to tighted the straps onto my arms and legs. Once they have finished doing all of the tightening required they begin to leave. The shorter one stops for a second and looks at me. She places her cold hand on my bare arm. There is a tiny "sorry" that escapes her lips as she looks down at the floor. A cough comes from the door. The other white coat is there waiting. Little lady rushes out not looking up as she slips out past her taller co-worker. With that they leave me alone in the foreign room.
There is not much of a wait before a tall skinny middle aged man in a lab coat comes in. He looks at me as he walks over and takes a seat on the stool across from me.

Hey lovlies what is up! Finals are over, I didn't fail!!! A new semester has started and I'm hoping it's gonna be a good one. You are all so amazing and fantastic. You are all talented and special. I want to remind you all of that and never let anyone tell you any differently. I love and appreciate you all thank you all so much for reading I'm so sorry for any mistakes that I make I am not a good speller and definitely not a professional but I do love it so thank you all for your support.