chapter 33

Artemis's POV

I did it. I kissed him. I kissed Wally. Life is to short to hold back your feelings I've decided. I can't let my no-good poor excuse for a father control my life anymore. It is my life and I have to live it to it's best. This is the only chance I'm going to have to get this right. I want to make my life something worth living, something worth remembering, and not for killing people or tormenting them, for being a good person, for being a hero.

This is my first act of defiance with this new revaluation, when I was out I had time to think. Why do I let that ass have any power? I tiptoe around things I want for someone who only comes to hurt the people I love and leave. No, no more, I will be strong enough to stop him next time. Sports master will go to prison for what he has done and will never leave as long as I'm alive. This is my life, it's time I take control of it.

Wally hugged me tightly again but this time it didn't hurt, he was gentle and kind, the exact reasons I lo... Like him. There is no way I love Wally I don't even know what love is. When the wall man finally let go of me Conner and Dick took turns hugging me. This was my family. This small group of complete misfits and weirdos. Batman wrapped us all up into a group hug, tears brimming almost everyone's eyes. We were all castaway and we found each other, which is good cause they were the only thing keeping me holding on. There is no way that I'm going first, I am not that much of a loser. 

megan Kaldur and Zatanna came in a few minutes all saying some awkward hello and asking if I was ok. None of them would meet my eye and they soon moved on to go back to their previous engagements. I couldn't really blame any of them, we didn't really know each other. I have never really gotten very close to them, we are just so different there's nothing there to talk about so it turns awkward really fast and it was just unnecessary. 

Our group soon dispersed too, rob needing to lay down and conner just wanted to work on his bike.  Wally, well he stayed by my side as if I would disappear if he looked away for even a split second. To be fair I almost did, I mean the only thing that kept me going was the burning rage I felt in the pit of my stomach for my father. I know when most people survive they say some sappy shit like oh my love for you kept me going but I say bull shit, there is no way that that love is strong enough to keep you going. No. The only emotion strong enough is anger and hatred. 

It was around seven when I decided it's time to go home. I want to see my mother. Hugging wally goodbye and reassuring him about a million times that I am going to be fine I zeta to Gotham city, I am so ready to see that dirty old apartment, I never thought there would be a day when I actually wanted to be there, most of the time I find any excuse to leave it. Not this time though, this time I take the extra key out from a patch of carpet on the floor that lifts up, unlocking the front door. Inside it is an eerie quiet with no lights on. "so, Artemis, I thought you lived in star city with your uncle, green arrow." a voice came from the darkness, "though for that you would have to actually be his niece now wouldn't you?" Roy flipped on the lamp that he was sitting next to on the couch.

Hey lovelies, I'm back. Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed and all that jazz. I know it wasn't a very exciting chapter and there weren't very many details, I'm kinda just completely brain dead right now with school and everything going on in my actual life so I'm super sorry I am trying and hopefully, the next chapter will be better thank you as always for reading I hope you are having a good day you magnificent day you beautiful beast.