Chapter 36

Wally POV

It was now all out in the open. She lied, she lied about where she lived, she lied about her family, she lied about even being related to green arrow. I watched as she ran out crying. She was crushed even though she was the one who lied. "You guys what the hell!" Rob yells "who has always been there for you, Artemis!" Everyone looked down no one dared meet his eyes "you guys are ridiculous she is the same teammate she has always been" he keeps going growing red in the face "why is she so different now that we know who her parents are!" Megan quietly said "it's different because she lied" barely a whisper. "Maybe because she didn't want to feel like an outsider, you all have a picture-perfect family!" Conner yells out frustrated. He was right, we all had parents that we loved, respected, and could look up to. "what do you think it's like to resent where you come from your whole life and then have the people you trusted to always be there for you, and people you thought would always stick up for you resent you for the same thing!?" He stormed out not able to keep his calm any longer. From the hallway, you could hear something shattering against the wall. He lost his cool and seconds later we heard a door slam. I looked at everyone's faces of bewilderment. Everyone always seems to forget that conner has emotions. He never shows them to them long enough to realize, I wonder if they forgot or perhaps they just didn't know? They don't pay attention to others long enough to learn anything about other people. I ran out to find my girl. Artemis was my girl, and I refuse to loose her. She is my girl. She wasn't in the shop she wasn't in her room she didn't zeta home where is she?! Then it hits me, the library! She always goes there when she feels sad. I found out when she started showing up as a part of the team. That was when I needed to be in the library for summer school. There in the library, back corner was Artemis, tears stained her cheeks as she sat hunched up. Without a second thought I'm there hugging her tight. She was so perfect she didn't deserve this. No one deserves for their friends to all hate her over something so stupid. I hold her there as she cries in my arms. Soon Rob comes and joins in wrapping his arms around her other side. After about another ten minutes a seemingly more calm Conner walks in pulling us all into a close hug. We sit as art cry's in our arms till suddenly the walls start to shake. Beams fall to the floor. Somewhere off in the distance I hear Megan screaming for help. The walls are caving in around us. Books fly off the shelves ass the bookcases come crashing to the ground. The ground beneath us shakes as we attempt to run out of the library. I run as fast as I can but I can only go at a normal pace from the fear to Megan's screams. When I get there I see the problem, as the walls are coming down she got trapped beneath a heavy beam. Trying to lift it, Conner joins me and together we lift it though it is still a struggle. Both of us wrapping one of her arms around us holding her up getting out of there as fast as possible. Rubble falls on us only making us go faster. Once we are out we see the cave crumble to the ground. Kaldur is next to us as we stare at our home, crushed to rubble. That's when I realise I can't find them, neither Artemis or Robin is out here. I drop Megan's arms taking off towards the remains screaming their names "ARTEMIS..." no answer "ROBIN" again no answer. Over and over again as I run around the pieces of our now gone home, till I loose my voice. I'm still searching when the justice league arrives. I can't loose them they are my family.

Merry Christmas my lovlies. Happy Hanukkah or whatever else you celebrate, sorry it's been a while I have just been stressed with family and friends and finally, all the f's in my life but thank you for reading I hope you like it I'm so thankful for you all.