Chapter 35

Artemis POV

Roy knew what he was doing, he followed me, set trackers, watched when I wasn't home, went to my gym, did background checks, everything. Now he knew everything, he knew my family, he knew I lied about the tracker, he knew I still see my sister sometimes. This is going to be bad, very bad. Everyone is going to feel so betrayed and hurt. I didn't tell anyone, the only people who know are batman me and robin. This is not good. 

I have to get out of here, I need to talk to rob. I walk as fast as I can, stumbling about, tears staining my cheeks. Into the alleyway, I almost fall down but stay upon my feet, into the tube, and to the cave. There he is arms out waiting for me, tired and dizzy I stumble into him collapsing in his arms as I continue to ball my eyes out. He is my brother blood means nothing. After a while, I am calm enough to finally tell him what happened. So sitting there on the floor in the middle of the cave living room at 2 in the morning, he helped me feel better, and he helped me think about what to do. I would tell them, I will tell them in the morning once they are all up. This is my news, this is my information to share and though it would be hard I have to do it. I now realized I was always going to have to at some point, the time table was just moved up. so, at 7 am when everyone in the cave started to wake up, I called them together into the mission room. "I have something to tell you all," tears brimming my eyes almost falling apart on the spot. That's when I unravel, I tell them everything. I tell them about my parents, about my past, though I do try to keep jade out of it as much as I can. When I am finished and I have said all I need I look away from the screencasting pictures of my parents and jade, looking at the team. That's when I see their faces, Megan and Zatanna's have a look of pure disgust, Kaldur looks only up with disappointment and concern. This is what I was afraid of, those looks of disgust and hurt and disappointment. All over the room, with that, I run out crying. They know me, how could they just decide they don't want me anymore when all I have ever done was help them. Sure sometimes I would make sure my sister was safe first but never have I endangered any of them.

I hide out in the library, the place where I became friends with Zatanna. She had come over because her dad wanted her to still be babysat at the age of 16 and she didn't want to so he brought her here so it wouldn't be obvious. When she found out we were watching her because of her dad she freaked, of course, I was already in here hiding out from green arrow cause I kinda left early from patrol and I knew he was going to yell at me. Zatanna came in fuming with tears in her eyes "I suppose you're here to watch over me too." she yelled slamming her hands down on the table, instead of getting upset like I would usually do I calmly said "yeah, that's why I'm in the team library with all of my dumb schoolwork." She laughed brightly throwing her head back. Sliding into the seat next to me she continued "sorry, I guess I overreacted a bit." With that, I let out a bit of a chuckle, "yeah a little bit." After a good 3 minutes, I got bored and convinced her to go out with me and so we went around stopping petty crime.

I thought we were friends but friends don't judge you for your family. Wally comes through the doors. Without a word, he sits next to me wrapping his arm around me. I fall apart in his arms before Dick and then conner both come in gathering into the hug. We sat there hugging it out and I was okay with that. I knew once we let go we would have to figure this out. We would have to make a change. A change I wasn't ready for. A change none of us were ready for.

Hey lovelies, what did you think? Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed it. I really appreciate you all. you are all wonderful I hope you know that. Have a fantastic day. I love you all. Happy Thanksgiving good luck with your family's the holidays