chapter 29

Artemis's POV

Rob and I shared a look. We were in trouble. The villains had definitely heard it as they began to stalk over to our hiding place.

Thinking as fast as I can I whisper to Robin. "Run and loop around in the forest don't go back to camp till you know you've lost anyone who follows you."

He looks at me, "what are you gonna do?!"

With my best forced smile I say, "make sure that you have someone to come home to at the end of the day." I have to win. There is no losing Batman. It would crush people's spirits and dreams all over Gotham, actually farther than Gotham, everyone's. Especially little Rob.

The little bird runs of into the night taking them running after them, in a line. Sportsmaster, queen bee, and Batman in the front. How dumb.

As they travel into the forest I follow silently, out of sight. Them pushing farther through the growingly dense trees and brush I begin to pluck them off one by one. Trying to be as quiet as possible not to tip the rest of.

I'm doing good till one of them turn around and yells, to quick for me to get my hand over his mouth. Before I knew it they've forgotten all about Robin, and are circling me.

Way to go Artemis you are as good as dead and you haven't even gotten Batman free, you didn't accomplish anything but getting Robin to run farther into the forest probably having him forget the way back, way to screw something else up.

Sportsmaster is the first to speak up, laughing, "did you really think you were good enough to make a difference, of any amount?" As if it was an afterthought he adds "you are a weak little nothing who can't help anyone, you mind as well give up on trying to be a hero, you will never be good enough for that."

Hearing those words hurt, sure I hated him and he could go burn in h*ll but there was still a part of me that wanted him to realize, what he was saying and what he had done and scoop me into his arms and profoundly apologize a million times over. I wanted a father's love. But I knew So that would not happen, and had enough time to be ok with the fact that it never will.

Me being me I just reply the only way I know how, with sass and class. "Well I did learn from the best, you can't even take out a few kids alone you need tons of backup because you know we are all better than you" each word I said ticked his anger a step forward. I knew that soon he would only be seeing me and it would all be in red.

The anger builds up as I finish to the point that if I say one more word it would bubble over. So I continued "you can never be the villain you want you suck to much that you will be in jail within the week!"

That's it that's all it took, he's on his way over hand in a first. Before I have time to react much less dodge his blow.  Falling down, I tumble over doing a backwards summer salt onto my knees. I spit the blood out of my mouth and get back onto my feet, getting into a fighting stance. He is ready and strikes first, going for my bad leg, it has been that way since he shot it and ripped it to shreds when I had failed to complete a mission for him, it was actually the mission that green arrow first took an interest in me.

It was definitely worth it or I would be killing people for the league of villains and doing the wrong thing, I can't even imagine myself every being a villain again. I would never go back, they can kill me first, and my "father" most definitely will, or at least he will try.

Hey lovlies, look at that two updates on the same month, did you think it would happen cause I didn't haha. So I was worried that I wouldn't be able to update because my phone wasn't turning on but it's back to working get excited, thanks for reading I hope you like it.