chapter 40

Jade's POV

How could they do this? Anger built up inside of me as soon as Roy told me what happened. I refuse to stand for this. The halls flew past as I stormed down them, the guards all seemed to stop and wait for me to pass. Smoke steamed out my ears. I nock on the tall door in front of me, waiting for it to open. After no more than a second of waiting I pound on the door again. My father will figure this out now or I will. 

The door creaked open a smidge to reveal a small minion of my father's. The young boy was no taller than me and his face reminded me of Arty. Everything was the same, his hair color his eyes the shape of his lips, they looked like twins. Sportsmaster smiles proudly holding his arms out in reference to the boy, "Jade this is Carlos your sister's replacement." That sentence confused the shit out of me "replacement, what what are you talking about?" Anger was boiling inside of me, "she's not dead, at least not yet!" Now my useless father turned to me "now Missy what are you going on about?"  Behind his cold stern look, I could just briefly see a hint of fear in his eyes. this is what I was looking for, now I know I have people on my side to get her back. 

From there, things went one after another. The two of us sat down at his desk to find who had taken out dear Artemis. Sportsmaster sent out a message out to all of the highly placed people around to find the two young heroes. Not more than five minutes could have passed before Mr. Luther replied with a location. A place out by the caves. With the name of a group that had been popping up in places causing problems here and there. The Promons. They had been working with changing DNA and behavioral patterns. The group could turn good people, heroes, into evil villains. I love my sister and I always have, a huge part of her has always been that she was good. She is good and she got out and I want it to stay that way. There have been so many times that I had wished that she would just wake up and want to be a villain but I know that can't happen.

We made our way to the sight that Mr. Luther found for us, picking up minions on the way. Sportsmaster brought connections of his which wasn't hard considering the new group had been screwing with our operations as well as the heroes. In this part of the world that was a big deal. Dad just didn't tell them the real reason we were getting involved, because they would have killed Arty and her little friend. When we got there I would have to do that part of the mission on my own. The trip was bumpy in our terrain jeeps but not long, we arrived a little faster than I would have liked. 

Stepping out I grabbed one of the minions that my father had acquired. This one was tall and skinny a young gangly little thing. He was obviously new to this side of work. Taking him with, we separated from the group slipping through the camp as the guards began to run off to help with the fight against us. I began to sneak through the tents trying to find the two teen heroes. Finally, at the edge next to the cave wall, there was a bigger tent than the rest. This was the only tent that the guards had not abandoned. With extreme stealth, I snuck up next to them hitting the shorter one in the head. My minion that till now proven useless grabbed the other one for me to hit.  As the two guards crumbled to the floor we walked in to find the two strapped to two metal tables iv drips in their arms shoving something that was definitely not normal into both of them. Before worrying about anything else I ripped the iv's out. Let's hope it didn't change them. 

Motioning for gangly who was still at the door at this point, I had him grab little birdy and I grabbed my sister. She was heavier than I could carry bridal style so I piggybacked her. Mr. gangles started to carry the kid hero back towards the group but I stopped him, "no, we are going to return them." I started to lead him to the car that I had placed in the forest before coming to evacuate us. The walk to the car was uphill and uneven. If I had not trained since birth it would have been near impossible. 

Gangles laid the boy in the backseat, buckling him in, "now go back and don't say a word of this to anyone or your life will be cut very short," I threaten the young boy sternly. He nods fearfully before scurrying back down the trail. Once he was out of sight I set off for Gotham. I would be taking them to the Wayne Manor, Art had told me that if something ever happened to go there.

I knew what that meant of course if I A; ever changed sides or B; needed to return one of her team members home. The drive was much longer than the one to the sight. Every other minute I would look over at Artemis, the poor girl would need lots of sleep after this. Pulling up to the Mansion I first took baby bat from the backseat and dragged him up to the door. Setting him up against the doorframe, I continued to do the same for Arty. I kissed my baby sister on the forehead hoping she would be ok. Before driving off into the night, I pushed the doorbell.

Through the rearview mirror, I saw there butler come out in a fancy suit and rush to their aid. A smile fell onto my lips, a real smile. My baby sister was safe.

Ok lovlies, I finished another chapter I hope you like it. I hope you guys are all staying safe. Thank you for your continued support I know how hard it is when people don't update and I'm trying I promise. I love and appreciate you all, know that there are people out there who love you never forget that. Even when it doesn't seem like it. Thank you for reading. Till next time!