chapter 28

Artemis POV
After 3 hours and there is still no sign of Batman I walk over to Robin, "we need to find a way out because batman isn't coming." He looks at me confused, "how do you know that, he will come, he always comes back for me." I can see in his eyes he is worried that he's not coming back. I tell him "he isn't coming you and I both know that and the only reason he would come for you is of he couldn't"

That's when the pieces come together for him, Batman is in trouble. Robin as smart as he is sometimes unable to keep a level head when it comes to Batman. He's to emotionally involved, the man is like a father to him.

Megan is shaking next to the picnic table unable to form any full sentences. I yelled to Wally "help her!" Then we run off together into the woods. Jumping over fallen trees,  till about a mile in we slow to a walk taking in the surrounding greenery. After a half an hour he finally speaks up "so, when are you gonna get up the courage to kiss walls." My eyes widen ten times as I tilt my head to look at him, "what the heck are you talking about?!" Rob says "oh please everyone here know you both like each other except for you two apparently." Me being me I just walk a little ahead and say, "He" then I correct myself "we can't, he'll end up dead."
Picking my speed up to a run. Robin tries to catch up to be even but I was built to do stuff like this. My dad may have been horrible but he taught me important things, like how to stay alive. I find a river, that pooled into a fair sized pond, meaning there was at least some incline.
I waited for robin to catch up to me, "we have to follow it up." He nods, a non verbal agreement, why? There was not to much time for me to think because he took the lead and was walking ahead of me now.
After like 10-15, the sun was beginning to set it had to be getting late. We had been out here all day and Batman hadn't come to get us. He was definitely captured or hurt or on a surprise manditory job somewhere. We heard a branch snap about ten yards up. Someone was there. It can't be Batman, so who was it? Me and rob look at each other and run up a little ways as quietly as possible. Hiding behind a bush we look out, in front of us is Sports Master, along with the Riddler, and queen bee, and captain cold, all villains but in queen bees hands was Batman being held with a gun to his neck.
"Find me that dumb b*tch I call a daughter now you dumb hero!" Sports master said. Queen bee interrupts before he can get to hit him. Is all this really needed, why couldn't we just go after her when she's at home?!" That was a mistake. Sportsmaster hates many things but being undermined in front of "lessers" is something he especially hates. He swings at her face instead, hitting her square in the nose. "That'll teach you to tell me how things should be run" as she is laying on the floor in tears blood gushing out of her nose. Second mistake. He also hates criers. "Stop crying you big wimp you are a villain don't show weakness even for a moment in front of your inferiors."
Batman laughs. "Well it seems that you guys have some stuff to work out so if you want I can just go and you can capture me again when you've all got this sorted out, yeah?" All of the attention turned back to batty and they were furious. Sportsmaster's face boiled and he cracked his nuckles but before he could punch him in his smug little face, a branch snapped. Not just any branch, the branch under a certain little bird's foot, right next to me. SH*T!

Hey lovelies I know I haven't updated in forever. I know I know I'm so sorry I kinda forgot, oops, ha ha ha??? Anyways I will be in a bus or car for hours in the next to week's so I will try to get as much done as possible I'm so sorry oops. Forgive me please.