chapter 32

Conner's POV

This is so unfair. Why did this happen, and why did no one but me wally and robin care!? Did artemis not touch their lives as much as she did ours. Artemis is the only one that has never looked at me anything less than human, even in the begining when I tried to kill them all. She was always the first to defend everyone for anything that the others acussed them of. Even wally. She was so caring and would chill and actually help me with my bikes. I loved the time we would spend together. She was like my sister, that I wish I had.

Wally was devastated, it was clear to me that he loved her like Santa loves Mrs. Klaus. I loves that story. Clark would read it to me before bed all the time, it was my favorite. She would wait up for him and have dinner ready, they are the people I want and who Artemis and Wally will be. That is if she wakes up.

I can't just sit here and stare at her. I'm to angry and Megan doesn't get it, they don't get it. The only ones who seem to get it are on a table right next to her or sitting in a chair watching. Robin cares for her just like me, she is our sister to protect, and we failed. I know she can handle herself but I have a connection with her and I want her to live a happy life.

She was always helping me to have a happy life, she helped me talk to Megan and helped me ask her on a date, then when I got nervous cause I didn't know what to do she took me on a date, she was, it so supportive of all my decisions good or bad. She is always there to pick me up and tell me stories of her dad so I don't feel alone for not having one. I want to help her have a happy life, go on a date with Wally someday get married and have kids and eventually have a safe job go to college I think it's called...

We arrive at the cave and canary, Green arrow, and wonder woman runs in the door no more than ten seconds they're Batman and they are running out with Artemis on a stretcher. Wally comes shrinking in looking defeated, pulling Robin's arm over his shoulder keeping him upright and moving. Robin wordlessly leans into him without hesitation. He is completely exhausted but he stays moving.

"They're taking her to the justice league's real headquarters to get better." Robin says before crumbling completely, without hesitation Wally picks him up bridal style and walks out and I follow with the rest of the team, where he lays him out on the couch. Everyone disbursed to go do what they usually do when they get back from missions, me and Wally don't though, we sit in silence together on the chairs and side couch not on the mood to do anything. 

After what seems like forever Robin wakes up groggily he says "what are you doing just sitting around watching me sleep you guys, that's weird," as he wipes a hand over his eyes waking up. "Well dummy we're waiting for Mr sleeping beauty over there to wake up, you genius," Wally says happy to see his best friend in better shape. I was just as happy, Robin's super supportive when I don't know things he helps me figure them out, he was the one who showed me how to play sports. Those are weird, not a huge fan of those.

"How about some call of duty since I don't really feel like moving" Rob says trying to put a lighter spin on things. Wally fake laughs "haha haaaa hilarious" deadpanned and serious but makes a move to get the three controllers. There we play for hours ignoring everyone and everything, putting everything into just a dumb game.

"Hey guys I'm back" croaked a voice from the back. All at once our heads were whipped around and there she was broken, tired, in cruches and wrapped almost head to toe. Within the second Wally is over there and hugging the life out of her. Coughing erupts from the fiery blonde which makes Wally realize he might be hurting her "I'm sorry, I'm sorry I'm so sorry." He apologizes profusely. Art just laughs like a little Bell and KISSES WALLY.

hey lovlies, what's up are you guys enjoying being back at school, if you're back, I'm so happy you guys read this and like it, hopefully, cause I really enjoy writing this for you guys. Thank you so much for reading. I love you all you beautiful amazing humans you are so unique and special let no one take that from you!