chapter 23

Wally's POV
Today is the day, our camping trip starts today, I'm so excited. We have to be at the cave at noon to meet up and start our drive. That reminds me I still need to pack for the trip, oops, well there's no time like the present to do thing you've been putting off doing, so with that thought in mind I start. I pull out a yellow duffel bag and start stuffing it with a bunch of random shirts and shorts and I also grab a pair of sweatpants to sleep in. Then I go stroll through the house picking up things that I think I might need, soap, fire crackers, a flashlight, you get the point, you know stuff people bring on normal camping trips cause the whole point of this trip is to just be normal teen kids and relax and have fun hanging out with friends. This is going to be so much fun! That's when the sweet aroma of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies fish they're way up the stairs to my nose and in a second I've dropped the stuff in my hands and am in the kitchen. Aunt Iris looks at me amused but hands out a cookie for me to take. Once it leaves her hands I immediately bring it up to my mouth taking a huge bight but savoring the taste of the gooey chocolate goodness. Barry is in the kitchen only seconds later, who knows why he was here later than me he's faster and was downstairs. They start making out and being gross so I leave, up the stairs. I zip my full bag up but not without difficulty from all the stuff I have in it. The doorbell rings and so I hike the bag over my shoulder and walk down the stairs as aunt Iris opens the door to a laid back dressed Dick and of course he was wearing his glasses that he always wears around the team. We leave together to the portal and make it with time to spare. With all of that time we just sit and wait for the others to show up, not one of them was here yet, not even Superboy. One by one they arrive through the tube. It was getting late and still no sign of Artemis, that's when Batman showed up, he said in his deep voice "let's go team." I wanted to say wait no we can't go art isn't here, but no those words wouldn't come, so everyone followed him out to the garage and in it there she was wearing a tank top and shorts leaning on the side of a van looking at her nails. Without even looking up she says "goodness, finally you guys take forever." then she hops up from the side and climbs in. Everyone follows, our bags in hand. We all stuff our bags into the trunk and find a spot to sit. I actually end up next to Artemis and in my head I do a little happy dance, no this shouldn't be happening she replaced Roy your friend but is she? Is she a replacement? On the way up to the site I ponder this question not even able to think about anything else. My final decision is no she is not a replacement, she may have started that way but she's not, she is her own person, she has her own spot on this team. Oh shoot, not I've messed everything up, now she probably hates me and it's all gonna be my fault because I was to stubborn to realize that we can have more than one archer and Roy left, he left the team, he was never really on the team for her to be able to replace him. Superboy then says "dude Wally we've stopped stop staring at Artemis and let me out. My eyes go wide and my face goes red as she giggles, shoot I didn't even realize I was staring. She says "what's the matter baywatch sweepy fwom the long caw wide?" like she was talking to a baby, I ain't no baby, babe maybe but baby no. I stick my tongue and stomp past her. as I do both her and Conner brake out in a fit of laughter. "haha laugh all you want but I will get you, I will get you both!" I call back.

Hey my lovely I finished another chapter, hope you like it. Thanks for reading.