chapter 37

Batman POV

Wally looked and screamed for hours tears stained his face. After a while I couldn't take it anymore the cries killed me. I pulled him into a bone crushing hug. He loved the two, they meant everything to him as they did to me too.

That's when jo'oh told us "they're not dead." We snapped our heads towards him where he then adds "at least not here" that gives me hope.

I wrap the blanket I am given by Clark around Wally and pull him to our car. On the way I nod to have the rest follow. Wally the poor kid his fingers had turned blue by now and his feet were probably tired beyond imagination.

The car door is opened by Alfred as we slide in. He closes the door behind us and Wally collapses into my lap. He cries till eventually he falls asleep. Alfred and I drive the only sound is the quiet hum of the engine and murmur of some horrible pop song that dick had put on on our way to Wally's the other day. I hadn't driven the car sence and didn't have the heart to change it now.

We pulled up in front of Wally's house his parents were already out on the porch sharing a cup of some liquid or other when we exit they come running towards me, their sleeping teen in my arms. How was I supposed to explain that their kid was devastated because my kids were missing!? How am I going to be able to go and tell Artemis's mom next!?

They usher me up the stairs to a bedroom. The bedroom is average size but you wouldn't be able to tell with the mess everywhere. There were clothes and half eaten food all across the floor the bed was unmade. I layed him down tucking him in. Quietly exiting the bedroom I am welcomed by the worried faces of his parents.

"There was an attack on the cave, he got out without and bodily injuries." I state and a huge wave of releif washes over them. "Though he may have some emotional scaring as well as he may be overly worried for Robin and Artemis as they were not found and most likely captured by the attackers." That's when they look worried again.

Mary wraps me in a hug and I put all of my strength into keeping it together. She says "thank you for bringing Wally home."

We straighten up and I nod shaking both of their hands walking out as Alfred closes the door behind me. "We have to stop at Artemis's apartment before me go home." I say showing no emotion.

When I enter her run down apartment I am greeted with only darkness, I turn on the light and there on the kitchen floor is her mother bleeding out. I run to her and check her pulse. It's there but weak.

Taking out my phone immediately calling 911. "Hello 911 what's the emergency?" The oporaters voice fills my ear.
"Um yes hello um she's been stabbed she's bleeding out!" The woman over the phone seems more concerned now "ok sir what is the address?"
"Apartment 42 west minster drive gothem City" (I don't know what her real address is I completely made this one up sorry guys) I say.

The lady takes a second to reply before saying "ok sir an ambulance has been sent to your location please do not leave or hang up." I nod before realizing she can't see me "ok yeah I'll do that" at this point I'm close to freaking out Artemis only has her mother left.

If she dies she will be all alone. I'm usually pretty good under pressure but right now it's getting to me. The emergency responders show up and haul her out. No one else is there to ride in the ambulance and hold her hand so I do. I'm not going to leave her alone.

Once we are on our way I text Alfred to meet me at the hospital. We get there and she is rushed into surgery. I end up in the tiny claustrophobic hallway with benches on one side and rooms on the other and slide down the wall pushing my head in my hands and fall apart.

Sitting on the floor in the hospital with no one around, it all became to much. I cry and cry and Alfred joins me a few minutes later and pulls me into his chest and I cry into his chest. How could have I let them into this life, they're just kids! How could I let this happen!?

Hey lovlies this is the last update of 2019 I will have more as she new year comes. I'm so happy about this year's book results. This book has taken off. I've started a poetry book. I'm getting my life together piece by piece. 2020 is going to be fantastic. I love and appreciate you all. You are all amazing. Thank you for reading and sticking with me through my weird ways. You guys are really the best.