chapter 20

Artemis POV
As soon as my mother got home I hugged her, not wanting to let go. There were tears in my eyes thretaning to spill over. I wouldn't, no I couldn't cry I had to be strong right now. Mom asked "hunny, what's wrong, what's bothering you?" I look straight into her blue eyes "dad's out, and he came here looking for you and he was mad and I was scared he had hurt you, mom I can't lose you, I won't!" I end in a crying fit. My strong mother doesn't cry doesn't cower away she just sits holding me and strokes my my hair. She knows no words will truely comfort me. After a while she says "hunny come on I'll make some soup and we can sit and watch some TV together, Kay?" I nod slowly sniffing but get up and push her to the kitchen. She puts her hand on my cheek before putting the pot on the stove and turning it on high. I grab a can of chicken noodle soup and open it into the pot. Then I roll mama over to the couch and turn the TV on. I grab sleeping beauty and put it on, then go check on our soup. When it's ready I make two bowls and give one to mom before sitting down cross legged on the couch. We watch Disney movies till like 2 am, which is when she fell asleep, so I got up took our bowls to the kitchen and put her to bed. Once that was done I put on my outfit grabbed my bow and arrow and climbed out onto the roof to watch over her. There is no way I am letting him hurt her again, or anyone for that matter. Through the night no one shows up so at 5:30 my usual wake up time I climb in change into my pajamas so she wouldn't know, and go to her room. Gently, I rouse her from her sleep and help her get changed for the day. She smiles as me greatfully but doesn't say anything. I squeeze her hand before wheeling her to the kitchen and preparing some simple cereal for her. As we are sitting, enjoying our meal the doorbell rings. I get up and look through the peephole to see Oliver, what is he doing here? I open up the door and let him in. "Hey Artemis, I came to help." Mom looks up from her meal and smile "oh Oliver how is Dianne, and oh how are you doing of course!" Well seems like he'll he staying for awhile, which should be good. I say "mom I'm going to the grocery store do you need anything?" She croaks back in her frail voice "um yeah the list is on the frig." I go back into the kitchen grab the list and hug her on the way out. I leave her in the hands of Ollie anything happens I can blame it on him. Walking out the door my phone vibrates, I grab it out. There is a text from Robin hey team bonding time you in? Ugh I will not leave yet that long sorry rob, I can't I'm busy maybe next time?  He will hopefully not ask with what so I just put my phone back in my pocket continuing down the street to the grocery store. I walk in and am immediately refreshed with cold air, ah the joys of air conditioning. I walk through the isles picking up what I need and check out carrying the 4 bags back to the apartment. When I got there my mom and Ollie were sitting at the table playing cards. I smile, I knew she was in good hands so for the rest of the day we all hung out playing games and just talking. Then as it got late Oliver left for his date and mom went to sleep, and me well I put my uniform on and once again climbed to the roof to watch out for her and of course the rest of gothem city, but mainly her. She was my only real family left and I wasn't ready to give her up yet.

Guy's I've like posted already this week and now am posting again like dedicated man but anyway how'd you like it, I hope you did thanks for reading till next time my lovelys