chapter 18

Artemis POV
I have been hanging out with Wally and having a good time when my phone goes off. I look at it to see Oliver text me saying 'we have a problem be at the cave as soon as possible.' I tell Wally "I've got to go but we should hang out again soon." Get up and leave. I run to the zeta tube portal and zeta to the cave. I put my suit on and walk into the main room. Ollie is there too everyone looks tense so I say "what happened and how are we going to fix it." Trying to get their spirits up and get them less tense. Oliver says "it's your dad, he's looking for you." My pulse quickens, "no he should be in jail, he doesn't get out for another 2 months." They all just look after me with sorrow filled eyes. "He got out, we're sorry Artemis." In that moment panic rushes through me, i have to get back. I have to protect her. Running to the zeta I get a flashback of when we were kids
Daddy walked in a sickening smile plastered on his face as he walked over to me and Jade. Not even thinking I grab her hand tightly squeezeing it with all of my might as our father yelled at us "I told you to be quiet, I told you to behave, but what did you do?!" He slapped me hard across my little face no doubt it would leave a mark then realization hit him like a ton of bricks as he shook his head and finger at us "no, no, no you won't learn anything this way" his smile grew even wider if even possible as he turned around "honey, can you come in here please?" In such a sweet voice anyone would be calm except for me, I was waiting waiting for what he would do. Then as soon as our beautiful deadly mother was in the room he took his gun and shot her, leaving her paralyzed.
I would always remember that day, knowing it was my fault she was that way my fault I didn't protect her from him that time and I am not about to let it happen again. As soon as I am into the old phone booth I'm out sprinting across town almost hitting several people. Though I was fast I didn't feel fast enough, I doubt I would in anything till I got there, and made sure she was safe. Climbing the old rusty fire escape up to our apartment building I slip in turning to a very angry looking sportsmaster, he says through his mask though I could tell he was smiling "long time no see little girl, I was disappointed to know your mother was at her physical therapy session it would have been fun to catch up with her" my face definitely showed the hatred I felt for him more than ever in that single moment as I gritted out "get out of here and do not return you are no longer welcome." Mock hurt shows on his face as he touches his heart fake tears brim his eyes "now is that any way to treat your father?" I hold my ground as I courtly reply "you are no father of mine." Spitting towards him. He laughs in my face "I'm just here to warn you, I'm not taking it easy on you anymore and you will now loose." Scoffing at him I snap "me loose to you I'd rather wear a dress and heels and makeup." Without so much as another look my way he disappears into the night, what a freaking good way to spend an evening?!
Hey guys what's up I'm back, sorry for not updating in a while but I had like the sudden idea for this chapter and then wrote this in less than an hour so sorry for all of the mistakes I made, oh and thanks for almost 2k reads and 100 votes love you guys, until next time.