chapter 39

Artemis's POV

I spit blood from my mouth. Bruises would soon cover my face and stomach. Defeat was filling my brain. How could we get out of here? There is no way out.
Robin had been gone for what now seems like forever. It is killing me not knowing what is happening. They had interrogated me and when I kept telling them nothing they just resolved to hitting me. It's ok though because I refuse to give up the only safe family I have left.
Before my thoughts could continue there was loud noises coming from right outside the door. Through the door comes a stretcher with a very bloody Robin on top of it. Robin was barely awake, exhausted. They returned him to his spot right beside me. Blood covered his face and arms. I was staring in shock of how he looked, then I realized I probably look about the same.

"We can't let them win" Rob whispers out. Tears threaten to spill out but with all my power I keep them away. "How are we going to get out of here?" There is no way we can stay here for very long. Robin looks at me teary-eyed and low face "don't you get it Artemis, there is no way out" he whispers chocking it all out. as he says this the walls start to cave in around me there was no way out. "We're going to die in here, aren't we?" I muster out. Robin looks at me and I know. We aren't getting out of here. There is no way, at least not alive.

The white coats return and we again are given a shot. This time I watch as they inject Robin. The serum is an unnatural deep blue. It is pushed into his arm and he groans out in pain. After refilling the vile, white coat comes over to me and she injects me. The pain is beyond unbearable. My face scrunched and I can't tell if I tell out or not. She finishes by typing some crap into their computers. Exiting the room quickly, haha exit what a weird word. Haha, what even are words. My giggles are so hard to contain. I burst out laughing, Robin soon joining me. Why am I laughing, "why is everything so funny." I retort out loud. Wait am I having a conversation with myself?! I want to scream for help but it's so funny. This whole thing is funny. Haha, I can't make a solid thought so I just resort to giggling my ass off.

The white coat comes back with a clipboard and stern look. "Now you both don't have very long here till we are shipping you off so make the most of your time here" a sinister grin on her chapped lips, like this was some sort of f*cking resort or something! This was definitely not. I try so hard to glare at her but all I can manage at my current state is to stop laughing. Which was hard enough, making me crack a grin. Her nose looks funny haha look at that all of her looks funny. Kinda wavy or swirly or... or... or..... I don't remember. Dick is already passed out next to me. 

He looks funny too, like a tiger. Rawr, haha maybe I should get him a pair of tiger ears for his birthday. That is if we are out of here by then. Or even alive. It is very possible that it is over for us soon, it's possible that no one is even looking for us. Maybe they think we ran away or maybe they think that we're already dead. Maybe they already told my mom that I'm dead maybe my mom thinks she's alone, maybe Jade thinks I'm dead. Or maybe she knows about me being here maybe she's working with the people in charge here. As I think about all of these thoughts I hear a commotion in the background. I try to fight to stay awake to see what is happening but I'm already to far gone. I slip into a hard sleep. All the worries on my mind follow me to my dreams. 

Hey lovelies, I am sorry that I'm so bad at updating. I wish that I could say that I could be like those fancy-schmancy writers who have an updating schedule. I will hopefully be having time to write with all of the school closings from the virus, stay safe you all I love you dearly. Thank you for sticking with me through it all.