Chapter 41

Bruce's POV 

Alfred yelled to me from the front door. "Master Bruce, come quick,"

his voice sounded rushed and worried. Setting my glass of scotch down from my desk, I exit the study towards the entry to find Alfred carrying my young protegee. Oh my, his face is bloodied and his clothes torn with simple cover bandages all over the poor boy.

Alfred nodded his head back towards the door the girl is still out there. Artemis, I sprint for the door to get the young girl. Once outside, I almost stop in horror at the sight of the poor little one. She was worse off then Dick. Her face was covered in blood and the weak bandages they had placed to stop the bleeding and keep her alive had been ripped away. She needed help and fast. "Alfred I need you," I call out to my dearest friend.

He shouts back to me "get her to the kitchen table and I will grab my things from the cave."

Doing as I'm told I haul her in through the house down the hall and into the kitchen. Artemis looked so thin and fragile in my arms. I have watched this girl for a while now and never once have I seen her like this. She is always a firecracker, we are always 1 wrong step or word away from her blowing any and everyone around sky high. Never has she looked broken, only ever strong, but right now, she looks so small.

Hoisting Artemis up on our kitchen table Alfred entered with a tray with fishing wire, needles, bandages, wraps, and a bottle of whiskey. All of which he has used to help me after I was hurt.

Before starting to help her he takes a swig of the whiskey then pours some of it out onto her open wounds to disinfect them. Artemis jolts away from the pain, her face scrunches up and her fists ball up. Though even with that I know she is not awake. Even if she is miraculiosly awake somehow, her mind is not here. Her conscience would try to protect herself and flip the off switch to subpress what is happening. The same thing had happened to me before. All I can remember is leaving the batcave to start patrol and bits and pieces of a 3 day window of blank memories.

The not knowing is almost worse yet I know if I knew I probably would not be able to continue to go out every night and keep this city safe. Alfred continues to try to stop the bleeding from one of her bigger cuts. "Grab the fishing line and thread it through the needle," he nods his head towards the items on the stool seat.

I do as I am told without hesitation, Alfred's hands glued to Artemis to keep the huge blood loss from killing the teen. Threading the needle proved to be more difficult than anticipated with my shaking hands. It was at this moment that I even realized that I was shaking.

After 5 failed attempts I finally was able to push it through. The wire was pulled through as I handed it off to Alfred taking his place trying to stop Artemis from losing any more blood. We only had so much time left. Alfred takes another swig of the pungent alcohol before sticking the needle into her skin.

He decides to start with the largest first to help to stop her from dying of blood loss. Weaving through the large gash as fast as he can without screwing up. Artemis has her fist balled, jaw tightly clenched, and her eyes were squinted shut.

The pain that was written on her face made my eyes start to water. Artemis was hard to handle but overall amazing. She keeps fighting even when everyone else has given up. She works hard to be the best. She is all I would want my daughter to be. I love her and I want her to know that she is loved and cared about. Her father was stupid not to realize how amazing she is to leave and abandon her.

Artemis could be a great hero. She just had to survive this.

Hey lovlies, wow it's been a while honestly I kinda forgot that I hadn't updated this in a while. I hopw everything is going well for you all. Thank you for reading, each and every one of you are important never forget that.