|| 044|| Lap Time 🐙 O/F

Art by kinbakuman on Danbooru

Ninomae Ina'nis x !Takodachi!Reader

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your life was fairly simple, but you were happy with it. You followed a simple routine, but as long as your priestess was there with you, you would be happy. Every morning when you would wake up, your priestess would wake up with you, smiling at you with that adorable smile of hers. You often return one with a trilling sound, making her laugh.

You spent most of your day with your priestess, cradled up to her, snuggled into her tentacles or simply just floating around her, but you were always with her.

And that was the way you lived your life for decades upon decades, that was until your priestess join a group called Hololive. You were confused and unhappy with the move. Instead of your cosy little secluded cottage, you and your priestess moved into an apartment high up into the air. You may've been able to float, but that didn't mean you were a fan of heights.

And then the priestess started spending hours sitting in one spot, talking to people you couldn't hear. You could deal with her being in one spot for a long time, she did that a lot back at your old home, but now she didn't let you snuggle up to her. You had tired several times, only to be gently scolded because she needed to concentrate.

But after she was finished your priestess would relax with you in bed, often with snacks and the entertaining magical screen. The one upside to having the priestess talk to no one was that you got to hear her talk and laugh more often.

And this was one of these times. You could tell she was finishing with her sitting session since she started turning off all the lights on the box under her desk, saving her work on the drawings she was doing.

You smiled, bobbing up into the air to float around your priestess happily. She laughed and gently took you in her hands, cradling you close to her. You always felt safe in her warmth, hearing the thudding of her heartbeat.

"Hmm, you're a little clingier today, Tako. Are jealous that my viewers got to sit in my lap and you didn't?" You didn't necessarily understand her words, but the tone hinted at her teasing expression.

You just chirped unamusedly, trying to hide your face as the priestess laughed again. You weren't actually mad at her, you just needed her to think so.

"Ah, don't worry~ There's no need to be jealous" Your priestess ran her hand over your ear flaps, eliciting a few purrs out of you.

"Hmm, what should we watch today..?" She mused to herself, holding a rectangular object with buttons on it in one hand while cradling you in the other. You were vaguely aware of the slight dip in the mattress as she sat down, wrapping a few of her blankets around you to keep you warm.

"Evangelion? Mmm.. Yeah, sure" Priestess selected a colourful drawing with several people looking at the screen with three giant robots in the background (fun fact, I'm watching Evangelion as a write this).

You didn't pay attention to what was being showcased on the screen, too focused on the headpats Priestess was giving you. You could get used to this, resting contentedly on her lap while getting headpats.

"You're a spoiled Takodachi... But that doesn't mean I won't stop" Ina hummed.