9- The table had flipped upside down

"Good morning" Mia greeted everyone in the dining room with a warm smile. She sat down at the seat as George stared at her without caring other.

Mia tried her best to ignore his gaze. She ate the breakfast and avoid the gazes of George. But he didn't stop staring at her. "Is there anything you want?"

She asked as her eyes met his. George looked away, Mia narrowed her eyes in suspicion. 'What's wrong with him?' she acted like nothing happened.

"Tomorrow, we will meet our parents. They don't know the reason why I called them for dinner. We will tell our parents about divorce"

Mia nodded.

"Ok, I understand"

Maids and men in the villa already noticed that Mia and George didn't act like before since last week. They looked more like more than strangers but not friends.

As for Mia, she didn't pay attention to George anymore. She just acted like a stranger to him. She changed really quick in two weeks.

As for George, he started caring about Mia. He would ask if Mia had some problems or not, go out with someone or not. The one who never cared about Mia had now changed.

The maids couldn't understand the couple at all. It was as if the table had flipped upside down. They became someone who they hated to be.

George finished eating breakfast, he stood up from the seat and stared at Mia for some seconds. "What?" Mia looked up to her husband and asked.

"Nothing"

He left with unreadable expression. 'Was I expecting her to say goodbye to me?' he shook his head. He really waited her to say goodbye to him. How foolish.

"Here, the strawberries for you, Miss" Maki's granddaughter said as she put down the plate which was full of strawberries. "Thanks" Mia thanked her.

Mia sat on the couch in the living room as the TV was on. She liked to watch the popular korean drama. It was about the poor girl with the rich boy school love story.

Watching that drama felt like riding rollercoaster of emotions. Mia leaned back and ate the strawberries while her eyes never leave from TV screen.

She enjoyed it.

"Miss Mia, your phone is ringing" Maki's granddaughter handed Mia the ringing phone. Mia looked at the caller id 'Mom'. Why would Mia Grace mother call?

"Hello?" "Mia, sweetie how are you?" The woman's warm voice ran through Mia's ears. She felt strangely warm. She never felt that way before.

She completely forgot how it was like to have a mother. Mia Grace's mother, Camilla started worrying for her daughter.

Normally, her daughter would tell her how George Seith had become more handsome and how the relationship between them had got better.

"Sweetie, you good?" Camilla asked her daughter. Mia was silent and listened to the worried tone of Camilla. She felt the warmth from the woman.

"Mom?" She never had a chance to call 'mom'after her mother's death. She was left alone in the cruel world. She wanted to be strong.

Strong enough to feed herself without leaning on others. So she worked hard everyday for money. There was no time for her to remember about her mom and dad.

She didn't have time for her parents.

"Yes?" Camilla noticed how her daughter was strange. Her daughter didn't call her last week. She thought Mia was busy even though she didn't have job.

Camilla got tired from waiting the phone from her daughter so she decided to call Mia first. "Mom" Mia called again. "Sweetie, what's wrong?"

Mia knew that Camilla was not her real mother. She was just a replacement. But still, she wanted to feel the warmth from the mother.

"No, nothing is wrong. Why did you call, mom?" Mia held back her tears and changed the topic. She didn't want to cry.

"What? Can't I call my daughter without reasons?" Camilla asked with sad tone. "No No! I mean if there is anything you want to say, I will listen"

Camilla giggled, her daughter just panicked like a bunny. "I wonder why you didn't call me last week" Mia blinked twice.

She was staying as Mia Grace not Mia Clark. How could she forget to show affection to the parents? "I am so sorry, mom. I am busy nowadays"

"Well well I get it, but still, call me anytime you want. Mom wants to hear my daughter's voice" Mia smiled. She felt happy to hear it.

"Yes, I understand, Mom"

"Is your relationship with George Seith good? Did he try to bully you?" Camilla asked with murderess in her voice. Mia giggled. "Ofc not, how can he bully Mia Grace?"

Camilla grinned. "That's my daughter" she proudly said as Mia only giggled at her mother. "Mom, will you agree to whatever I decide?"

Mia's question made Camilla swam in deep thoughts ocean. "Ofc. But first of all, what are you trying to do? You want to bully someone? Or kill someone?"

Mia frowned playfully. "Is that how you think of me?" Camilla laughed out loud. "I was joking but even if you do, I will support my daughter"

"I won't bully or kill, don't worry about that" "Alright, I will try to believe you" Mia grinned. "By the way, I heard the rumors running around the town"

Here it came, the thing which Mia didn't want to speak. She lost control of herself and tightly hugged Dean Silas with the body of Mia Grace at that party.

So it was natural for others to judge.

Camilla didn't want to tell the rumors fully like her daughter had a lover behind George Seith. So she just said there were rumors about Mia.

"If you are talking about me having a new lover beside George, I will explain to you, mother.

He just reminded me of someone who is important to me. And I accidentally hugged him. I am sorry. I did it without caring"

Mia apologized with low tone. "Nah nah, I don't care about people judges. I just wanted to hear the truth from you" Camilla's words made Mia smile.

"But who does he remind you of?" Mia couldn't find words to say. "My lost friend" she spoke truthfully. As for Camilla, she got confused.

"I didn't know that you had male friends. Was he go abroad? Was he your childhood friend? But there was no childhood friend"

"Mom, slow down. Too many questions. I had a friend who you don't know. And he left me so I don't know if he went abroad or not" Mia lied through her teeth.

"Is that so?"

Mia could clearly sense the suspicion from her mother. Ofc, who would believe her anyway. "How's other? Is dad doing well?" She changed the topic quickly.

"Yes, he is doing well. He always complain how much he miss you and want to kidnap you from George Seith" Mia laughed. She might not know the way to show affection to parents.

But still she could feel the affection from the parents of Mia Grace. "We are going to meet tomorrow so I will make sure to tell dad not to kidnap me"

Camilla laughed at her daughter's words. "Yea yea that would be a good decision" They laughed at their own words.

They two talked for some minutes before Camilla said she still had works to do. After the phone call with mother, a big smile hadn't disappear from Mia's face yet.

'Mom' she spoke in her mind. She just talked from the phone but felt like she was sitting with her mother and talking like mother and daughter.

Tomorrow, she would meet her mother and father. When she finally divorced George Seith, she could go back to the Grace villa and stay under the warmth of elders.

Just a thought made her grinned.

•••••••••••••••

(I'm so sorry if there were mistakes)