52- The one I prefer more than you

"Please follow after me"

The manager flashed a grin to the man who requested for the limited shirt. Blake nodded as a response. "Come back quickly though! I can't live without you for too long!" When the two headed to the place where clothes were kept at, Escort reminded from behind.

Completely annoying Blake so that he raised his upper lip. Due to shame, he lowered his head and went after the manager of the shop. "Isn't he lovable?" Escort turned his head and queried the young woman. The unexpected question stunned Mia somehow. She smiled.

"Yes.." discomfort displayed across her face obviously enough for Escort to get the hint. It was as if the young woman was hinting him to fuck off before she passed out in uneasiness. "I heard all the news related to you" Yet, the man brought another topic out to continue the chat.

"Oh, is that so?" Slowly, Mia started to fidget in discomfiture as an awkward beam tugged at her lips. "Not gonna lie. I was about to chase after you at first" Without hesitating, Escort disclosed along with shrug. Only to surprise the young woman. Her brows rose in pure shock.

What the fuck?

"George Seith passed you to me that night. You are really pretty actually. Like beautiful. But I can't ignore the fact that you are quite problematic. As so you know, I hate to get involved in conflicts. So yea, let's just be friends. If you believe you have chance, you don't"

Shrugging with a smile, Escort friendzoned the young woman although she had yet to speak. All his words dragged Mia into pool of disbelief. Did this jerk call her problematic?! Was he being for real?! 'This motherfucker needs to be humbled' Mia's jaw clenched.

Her hands clasped as the beam across her face dropped in an instant. "How bold of you to assume I am interested in you, Mister Escort Greyson" She stated beneath the serene expression. The response caused the man to chuckle in entertainment. "Aren't you though?"

Escort asked. Bothering the young woman entirely. This man thought of himself so high. How annoying! "Pfft" Mia let out a mocking laughter. "You have misunderstood, Mister Escort Greyson. You were never on my mind. I consider you as a complete loner actually"

She scoffed.

Hitting the heart of the man with bullet of pity. The card which prideful men hated the most. Her reply hushed down Escort. The smile tugged at his lips, had disappeared. He pressed tongue against the inside of the cheek to express exasperation he was swallowing.

Did this young woman just take pity on him?! "It seems like you have thought of yourself really high, Mister Escort Greyson" Mia grinned as if she was not stepping on the ego of the man. Her hand covered her lips to seem like she was holding the laughter in.

"Just a reminder that I would prefer my bodyguard over you even" she added up. It was the moment, you could hear the heart of Escort dropping into pieces. His sea green eyes flickered with rage while he gritted his teeth. He was at loss for words at the moment.

His hands in pocket balled up into fists. "Are you talking about that man behind you?" Raising his right brow, Escort questioned. Causing the young woman to furrow her brows. Fuck. She gulped. Slowly, Mia turned around, only to witness Lorcan staring at her already.

He stood there with shocked face.

The moment, Mia knew she fucked up. 'Well, damn it. I can't lose to this prideful asshole' Squeezing her eyes, Mia made up her mind. "Lorcan!" In an instant, her face sparkled with a wide grin. She seized the wrist of the man to make him stand by her side.

The behavior of the young woman left the two men in pure shock. Huh? The same query spun in their heads. "Could you see the difference now, Mister Escort Greyson?" Mia raised her right brow and held the man's arm. Her ocean blue eyes stared through sea green eyes.

"He is the one I prefer more than you" The way the young woman introduced him, surprised Lorcan totally. He blinked several times. Losing words to respond. What the heck was going on?! "Of course, you would prefer him more" Escort let out a sot chuckle.

"Because he doesn't mind having to solve all the problems of someone troublesome unlike me" he added up. Completely stunning Mia. Her grip on the arm of man tightened. "It is such a rude thing to say to a woman, Sir" In the end, Lorcan stepped into the conversation.

His hand rose.

Laying it upon the young woman's grip on his arm. He comforted her to calm down as his cold gaze stared down at Escort. "Did I allow you to talk with me?" Escort queried with a smile. "Lorcan, don't bother to chat with this kind of jerk. Let's go" Mia shook her head.

Dragging the man away from the place which embarrassed Escort. He did not even have time to retort. She just left him. "Are you alright, Mia?" Gazing down at the young woman who had her head lifted up along with cold expression, Lorcan queried out of concern.

Finally sending consciousness to Mia. Her brows rose as she looked up, only to lock with his worried eyes. Observing the perturbed expression, Mia's lips formed into a smile promptly. "I am fine. Just shocked to find out the filthy mindset of a man" she disclosed.

It quieted down the man. "Not every man has that mindset, Mia. I can guarantee it" Lorcan stated. Causing the young woman to chuckle. "Of course, there are different types of man" She responded. They two headed to the office back and left everything behind.

"I have a request"

As soon as she settled down on the swivel chair, Mia voiced. Attracting the man's attention who was sitting on the lounge in silence. He lifted his head. Gazing into the ocean blue eyes of the young woman. "Yes?" Lorcan tilted his head. "Could you please help me get those files?"

Pointing at the pile of files across the man which were laid on the table, Mia asked. Making Lorcan stood up instantly in awareness. He seized the pile and placed them on the table of the young woman. "Thank you" And Mia expressed gratitude with a smile.

"Welcome" Lorcan flashed a beam as response. "Anything else?" he questioned. "Oh, this is enough. Thanks a lot" the young woman grinned. She had no clue how the way her eyes sparkled, gripped tightly on the man's heart. He swallowed at the view.

Without realizing himself, Lorcan observed the smile of the young woman in tranquillity. It caused Mia to blink a few times. What was this? Why was he peering through her soul without saying anything? Was there something on her face? Questions listed down.

"Um, what's wrong?"

In the end, Mia questioned out loud. Only to hit the man with bullet of reality. He promptly looked away. "I am sorry. I lost in train of thoughts" Lowering his gaze to avoid eye contact, Lorcan apologized right away and went back to the couch and settled down.

Making the young woman frowned slightly. This felt wrong somehow. But the way his grey colored hazel eyes stared at her face, released the butterflies in her stomach. Slowly, Mia began to realize how her mind was a complete mess at the moment. She shook her head.

"Focus, Mia. Focus"

She warned herself quietly.

(I am so sorry if there were mistakes)