55- It was always him

"That one suits you"

Mia raised her brows while observing Dean in new shirt from her brand. She had successfully persuaded Dean to try some shirts in her shop since Lorcan had yet to contact her also. "Do you think so?" A grin spread across the man's face. He looked so delighted.

The sparkles in his eyes melted the young woman's heart. He reminded her of Henry a lot. She could not help but imagine herself shopping with Henry all as they pleased without any care for the money they would be spending. "Yes. It is really cool. You appear more handsome"

Mia teased the man. Causing his ears to redden in embarrassment. How could she say something like that without hesitating? It could give him heart attack at this point. "I will take this" Dean notified the manager. Earning a nod from her back as Mia nodded at her.

She signaled the manager to lower the price for the man. And so Dean went into the changing room while Mia leaned back on the lounge with legs crossed. A sigh escaped under her breath. Why couldn't the thought of the stalker leave from her mind? It really haunted her entire brain.

How did he manage to find her?

Based on the scene of him watching her from across the street, he definitely knew her shop and her daily schedule. But who the fuck would sell her information while she was not that famous right now except the fact that her parents were mentioned in magazines daily.

"Mia..." A familiar voice permeated into the ears of the young woman who had her eyes shut. She frowned. Opening her eyes, only to encounter Lorcan staring down at her. "Oh hey!" A bright beam tugged at her lips in an instant. "You are finally back" A murmur came up.

"My apologies if I made you wait for too long" Lorcan expressed apology. But his expression perplexed the young woman. "What's wrong? You seem concerned" Noticing the slight panic in his eyes, Mia queried. "It is about George Seith actually" Lorcan reported in a low pitched tone.

It was when Mia's attention focused fully in the chat. She immediately stood up. Holding the man's arm all of the sudden which surprised him entirely. "Mia, what are you trying to do?" He scowled, Not understanding her behavior. The young woman turned around to face the man.

Meeting his confused gaze.

"We have to keep it low. I cannot let others hear about George Seith" Mia unveiled the reason why she was dragging him into her office room. "Are you perhaps frightened of him stalking you?" Lorcan asked out loud all of sudden. It was when Mia's eyes widened in disbelief.

She slammed the door behind her in hurry. They had now reached into her office alone. There was no need to be scared of being eavesdropped by someone. "What made you assume so?" Mia furrowed her brows. "You were supposed to ask how I found out but you didn't"

Lorcan's lips slowly curved up into a smile. Being proud to see the young woman not falling for the trick. It quieted down Mia. She knew it so well. The trick that never failed to expose someone's lies. She would never fall for it. "I was only thinking the possiblity over your worries"

Lorcan disclosed. Saying he was only assuming. "But your reaction answered my doubt. There's been someone who is stalking you at the moment. Am I accurate?" The man raised his right brow as the young woman quieted down. It seemed she could not lie to this man.

Lorcan was sharp, intelligent and quick to get the situation in short amount of time. It was no wonder he grasped the hints. "Yes. I have no damn clue who he is. But one thing for sure, he is stalking me and it terrifies me" Furrowing her brows, Mia confessed under her breath.

Her voice trembled.

The way her tone shook, was loud enough for the man to hear. It was when Lorcan scowled unpleasantly. "Mia, why did you swallow the truth the whole time? You should have told me about that. I can help you out of this from the very beginning" He claimed. Stepping forward.

Once he reached near to her, the man seized the young woman's hands. Capturing her focus on him. And they two stared into each other's eyes deeply. "Tell me all the things you have been through this entire time. I will solve the problem as soon as possible" He assured.

Soothing Mia's mind. Why? Why was it always him who calmed her chaotic mindset? It was him who caressed her at the LYSSA opening ceremony at the back stage. It was always him. It felt like fate had been pushing them across each other whenever a difficult time arrived.

"I... I saw him about an hour ago in front of the cafe" Mia began to stutter due to fright. The feeling of being cornered slowly choked her. She hated it. She loathed how it felt like to be trapped. "What?" Lorcan's eyes widened in surprise. He gritted his teeth. "Did he approach?"

The man threw a query.

"No, I did not spare a glance even. It was a little girl beside my table who described the situation. She told me that he was waving at me with the knife. She proclaimed he was going to approach us but then he was nowhere to be found. I met Dean instead" Mia detailed everything.

And Lorcan quieted down. He blinked twice as his grip upon the young woman's hands tightened. For nearly a minute, no response came up from him. He just remained silent. His mind had dived into the ocean of thoughts clearly. "Lorcan? What's the matter?"

When the man had yet to reply, Mia voiced out loud to attract his focus. "Oh it is nothing" Lorcan denied. It made the young woman furrow her brows. "We have to affirm the stalker soon. Otherwise, he could harm you" Wearing a worried face, Lorcan stated. Earning a nod back.

"Mia? Can I come in?" Out of the blue, the knocking sounds broke in. Interrupting the two. "Ah, my bad" Lorcan took a glance down at the hands he had been holding, only to take his grasp back in awareness. "It is fine" Mia awkwardly smiled. "You may come in!" She allowed.

Letting the person walked in.

And the door revealed Dean. He was about to enter with a smile at his lips. But the sight of the young woman and her bodyguard being in the same room alone dragged that bean off from his face. "Did I disturb something?" Dean frowned. Making Mia shook her head with a smile.

"No, not at all. We were just talking about some works. Anyway, why are you here? You should have waited for me. I was about to come to there right now" The young woman switched the topic instantly. Hushing down the two men. One had a disappointed expression.

While another had a concerned face on. "Well. You disappeared all of the sudden. It somehow panicked me so I ended up following after you to check you were doing fine" Dean pointed out. Bringing a grin upon Mia's face. "I am sorry for worrying you" She apologized. "Shall we get going then? Let's return together"

Approaching near to Dean, Mia offered. Delighting him totally. His face just lit up. "Yes, I would love to" He murmured. Then they two got out of the office side by side while Lorcan stood at the back in silence. His eyes were dull. He lowered his head. Appearing to be unsatisfied.

"Lorcan, what are you doing?"

The young woman still managed to notice his disappearance. She came back to call him, causing Lorcan to snap back to reality. "Ah, sorry" He muttered and went after the two in hurry. And so they three headed back in one car. Dean ordered his brother to collect the car.

Just because he wanted to get in the same car with Mia and return together. "How is Roman Silas doing?" To break down the awkward atmosphere, Mia threw a query out loud. Capturing the man's attention who was sitting beside her in the back seat. "He is all fine"

Dean affirmed. Earning a nod in return. "What about uncle Theo and aunty Camilla?" The man replied. "Both mom and dad are alright. But as usual, they are quite busy" Mia shrugged. "Still, I am certain they spare their time to spend with you" Dean flashed a bright beam.

"Yes, that's correct though" Mia responded. "Mia, is this the right place?" Lorcan queried. Interrupting the moment between the two. It caught the young woman's focus on him which annoyed Dean. "No, you need to pass two streets. Henry's apartment is on the side of road"

Words from Mia stunned the two.

Lorcan pressed the brake of the car.

Meanwhile, Dean scowled.

(I apologize if there were mistakes"