54- Are we actually safe?

"Where are you heading to, dear?"

Theo threw a query over the sight of his daughter walking down in new clothes. She had already done her makeup which meant she was going somewhere. "I have something important to do, dad. I don't think I can have breakfast with you" Mia pouted and approached near to him.

She spread her arms, giving a tight hug to Theo. "Okay, something is up for sure. What is with this behavior, Mia?" Breaking the embrace with a tightened scowl displayed across his face, Theo questioned in doubt. Suspicion flickering in his eyes. "Nothing is going on, dad"

The young woman assured. Lying through her teeth with a beam. How could she say to him about the stalker? Her parents were already busy. She should not give them more headache when she could handle the issue by herself. "Dear, don't forget to open up to me"

Wearing a disappointed expression along with a slight glare, Theo reminded his daughter. It was obvious how he wanted to know what was going through the young woman's mind. But Mia was not willing to disclose. "Yes, dad. I will tell everything if there is something occurring"

The young woman grinned.

Melting the man's heart. "Alright. You should get going now. I understand the life of a businesswoman. Your mom is in the tight schedule too. But make sure to spare time for family" Theo patted his daughter's head gently. Earning a nod back from Mia as response.

"See you!" Like that the young woman walked out of the villa. Meeting Lorcan who had been waiting for her. "Let's head to the Lyssa" Mia voiced. Without any words, Lorcan nodded and opened the car door for her. They then left to the store. "Can you do me a favor?"

Furrowing her brows, Mia requested. Attracting the man's attention fully. He lifted his right brow after taking a glance at the young woman through rear mirror. Although he did not say anything, the way he raised his brow meant he was listening. "Collect information about George"

Mia stated. Only to quiet down the man. He stopped the car due to red light. He then turned to look at the young woman who had a frown upon her face. "Mia, why are you interested in him all of the sudden?" Lorcan queried when he noticed the oddness in the atmosphere.

It hushed down the young woman.

"Actually.." she sighed out loud. Retaking the urge to open up. "It is nothing serious. I just wanted to make sure he can't harm me" Mia flashed a smile. But of course, the man was not buying this lie. He tilted his head. For a few seconds, he gazed her quietly.

Causing the young woman to swallow. Did he find out? Anxiety ran through the young woman. "I will gather every news about him. You can rest assured" Lorcan turned back to the front with a serene expression. Relieving Mia finally. It seemed he did not find things suspicious.

"Thanks" Mia expressed gratitude. A few hours passed as the young woman pressed herself in the piles of work at her own shop. The income had increased in a few weeks along with new customers. The publicity was wide too. In short, the shop was running really well.

"Where did Lorcan go?" Mia muttered to herself with a frown. He literally was outside her office an hour ago. Now he was nowhere to be found. "June, have you seen Lorcan?" The young woman asked the girl at the counter. "Oh, he left about an hour ago, Miss"

June responded with a beam.

Perplexing the young woman. "Did he perhaps leave a message for me?" Ria scowled. It was when June gasped as if she just recalled something. "He said I shouldn't disturb you while you were working, Miss. That's why I forgot to inform you. He sent you a message in chat box"

June notified. It was the moment Mia took her phone out of the purse quickly. Shit. There was a message from the man. She was into work so that she forgot to unmute the phone. "Thank you" Mia beamed as the girl bowed her head. The young woman opened the chat box.