63- Soulmates

{Warning- Mature content included}

"I fear I don't understand..."

A scowl displayed across Mia's face. "It sounds ridiculous to be honest. But no one can deny the truth. This is the fifth life together with you, Mia. All the past lives were tragic for both of us. Either you or I died eventually before we got a chance to stay by each other's side" 

Lorcan's words sure sounded bizarre. Howbeit, Mia could not say these were hilarious joke. After all, she was in another body of the novel she read in past. What shocking twist could have occurred other than that? Quite a lot. Many surprising occasions could take place. 

In this case, the explanation from the man could be real too. "Does that mean you have been my partner the whole time in the past?" Mia's face sparkled with delight. The idea of spending her life together with Henry did not sound that bad. In the end, she realized the feelings.

She found out whom she loved. She was not being disloyal. Her soul recognized Henry's soul so that she could not help but fell in love with Lorcan at last. Suddenly, things made sense for the young woman. "Yes, we have been together the whole time, Mia" Lorcan smiled.

"That's... Ugh..."

The young woman pressed finger on temples as a groan escaped between her lips all of the sudden. The scenes of her in past flashed. Capturing the man's attention. "What's wrong? Are you hurt? Shall I call the doctor?" Panic flashed in his gaze. "No. It is just shit..." 

She clenched her jaw. On the other side, Lorcan held her arm. Making sure she did not fall. "I am fine" Scowling, Mia spat a lie. She was not in fact. Several scenes flashed with a migraine. "No, you are not" Lorcan gritted his teeth. "No-" At last, Mia lost consciousness at the spot. 

"DOCTOR! NURSE!"

The story began. 

Long ago, a young woman named Mia walked around in the city alone at night. Due to the care of strict parents, she wished for nothing but freedom. In order to find out what it felt like, she sneaked out at night on her own. But the world was cruel, showing the real world.

She encountered the group of men exchanging the money with weapons. This deserved the death sentence if she reported. Thinking she could save the upcoming war, Mia contacted the authority. Now, things became complicated. She was threatened and tortured.

The letters would follow her to haunt her nights. She could not bring herself to disclose to her parents either. One day, she walked up to the detective who was handling the case. She requested his protection although she knew this would lead to somewhere else later. 

The detective, who had respect upon her for giving the important news, accepted the demand. The relationship was cold. They barely spoke. But Mia attempted to befriend him. She would eat together with him, follow him around and spend most of the time near him.

Still, the detective gave cold shoulder,

until the young woman's parents passed away. Having no guardians to rely on, Mia found herself lost in the cruel world. Howbeit, the cold detective could not observe the young woman being lifeless. He attempted to lift her mood. Now, they grew closer than before. 

As the saying went 'the strings would be tangled once placed near', Mia fell in love with the detective eventually. They vowed to marry each other at last. Howbeit, the fate pulled a twist on them. In order to capture the leader of the group, the detective risked his life.

Leaving the young woman in the dark without any other choices. Although the case was closed with a win, Mia had to give her love of the life away. Who would be able to live on when she had absolutely no one by her side? The sorrow led her to make a poor decision.