45- It is all about effort

"What are you doing here?"

Dean queried out of curiosity after breaking the embrace. His voice pulled the young woman back to reality. Making her furrowed her brows in an instant. "Oh, I was concerned about you and sneaked out to meet you" truthfully, Mia answered.

Causing the man to smile in gratification. The fact that she admitted she sneaked out tickled Dean to chuckle. Without even realizing himself, the man's anxiety and fear had vanished promptly all thanked to the young woman named Mia Grace.

"Holy Fuck.." from behind, a voice broke in. Capturing the two attention fully. There he was, Roman Silas, standing still in pure shock and disappointment. "I literally begged you and even ended up not sleeping all night just because you did not even reply to me!"

Roman raised his voice. "Now, Mia called you. Not three times but just once and you walked out of your cave right away?! Are you kidding me, Dean Silas?! How dare you treat people differently?!" with a glare, he added up. Making the young woman laughed out loud.

As Dean sheepishly smiled, Bailey remained silent. Her gaze was focusing on the man who was standing in front of her friend. She knew. She could see how the man was developing feelings for the young woman while her dear best friend was refusing to accept.

It was that obvious. "Come here, you asshole. I made some lunch for you" Roman dragged his brother by the collar as Dean only chuckled along with Mia. As the two men disappeared from the sight, Bailey approached near to her friend.

"What do you think?"

Bailey's question perplexed the young woman who had no clue clearly. She frowned, staring into her friend's eyes with innocent gaze. "I know you are not that foolish, Mia. Dean likes you obviously. Are you going to accept him or not?"

In the end, Bailey disclosed. It was the moment Mia's eyes widened in disbelief. Completely surprised at the news. "Wait.." Bailey furrowed her brows. "Don't tell me you did not know all along even though it was that evident" she spoke in shock.

"Um, I don't know how love works" Mia admitted with puzzlement written on her face. It was when Bailey quieted down. "Liar, you literally said you knew what love feels like and even chased the motherfucker George Seith like a dog"

Bailey retorted. Making Mia wanted to die at the place right away. She forgot that fact for a moment. Thinking she was herself, Mia Clark only. How could she forget the fact that she was Mia Grace right now?! "I.. I am starving. Let's go" She changed the topic.

Obvious enough for her friend to be confused. Something was wrong. Bailey could sense it. The four gathered at the dining table. Bailey and Mia sat across each other as Dean settled down beside the young woman while Roman took a seat by his girlfriend's side.

"By the way, do your parents know about your presence here?" Roman questioned to the young woman. Earning an awkward smile back from Mia which clearly meant she sneaked out. "I will drive you two back to villa then. Or else I might be dead meat"

He stated.

Knowing the affection of Theo and Camilla for their precious daughter. "I got my car. You can just remain here still with Dean Silas" Bailey responded. Continuing the lunch with a cold expression on. And the three noticed something was up inside Bailey's mind.

"As you please" Roman did not argue back at all. He just let his girlfriend do whatever she required. "Have you talked with Lorcan?" Dean asked. Peering at the young woman who was swallowing the soup in tranquility. Her eyes lifted.

Meeting the man's gaze. "Um, he said he would be taking three days off from job though. Maybe he's exhausted after these messy incidents" Mia shrugged. Causing Dean's eyes to widen in disbelief. "Did you take him to hospital then?" Dean queried again.

The moment the three at the table tilted their heads in confusion. They both were clueless obviously. Their reactions shocked Dean wholly. "Don't you know that George Seith attempted to stab me but Lorcan received it instead to protect me?!"

The man shouted as the entire room hushed down. Even their own breathing sounds could be heard. 'Fuck' Mia cursed in her mind. Wanting to hit herself for being that much careless. "Are you being dead serious?" Bailey asked with a frown on her face.

"Yes! He was the one who was stabbed by George Seith and he was the one who rescued Mia. I was useless all along and even was a disturbance. He saved Mia" Dean affirmed truthfully. Hushing down the room totally. "What in the fuck.."

Bailey cursed under her breath.

She thought that man Lorcan only grabbed the psychopath back. She did not anticipate that man to save her best friend for real. Not to mention how he was injured and yet did not say anything about it to get a hero place. He just remained silent.

"Ugh, shit" Mia muttered in disappointment. Feeling guilty to hear the news. "That asshole Zeke Preston dared to say he rescued you as a hero" Bailey clenched her jaw. Requiring to throw a fist in right of his face for boasting like he saved her best friend.

"Zeke Preston?" Roman furrowed his brows. Earning a nod back from his girlfriend. "Uncle Theo and Aunty Camilla literally dragged him into house to thank him with some food for saving Mia this morning. He is still at villa if I remember correctly"

Bailey rolled her eyes. Revealing her loathing for the man. Even though the couple continued the conversation, the young woman could not pay attention at all. Her mind was thinking about Lorcan and Lorcan only. What would he be doing right now? Suffering?

Lying in bed in agony? Feeling hopeless? Or dead already? 'No, he is no that weak to die easily' Mia spoke to herself in mind. Attempting to soothe her anxiety and fear with positive thoughts. The only desire she had was to meet him right now if it was feasible.

She wanted to encounter Lorcan. The fact about Dean Silas being traumatized did not matter anymore. It had left her mind simply since the news about Lorcan getting stabbed entered her mind. "We should return back to home right now"

Out of the blue, Mia stated.

Grabbing the couple attention who were discussing on something. The young woman's words did not surprise Dean at all. He expected it. He knew Mia would care about her bodyguard more than anything in view of the fact that he had seen them interacting closely.

It displeased him somehow. He disliked it. He hated the fact that Mia was interested in Lorcan more than anything. He would like to in the place of Lorcan in fact. He would like to be the one who she cared about only. He required to be the one who she saw in her sight only.

"Don't leave. Stay with me" five words escaped between Dean's lips. He sounded possessive as fuck so that even Roman was dumbfounded. "I am sorry. I want to rest for now. I will come back tomorrow" Mia apologized. Standing up from the seat.

The moment Dean bit his lower lip in exasperation. He wanted to grab the young woman's wrist and pulled her back from returning. "Um take care, Dean" Mia murmured and walked out of the dining room as Bailey followed in hurry. "Bye! Thank you!"

Roman shouted. Not walking the two back since Bailey knew the house password to pass through the door. And the two women left the apartment. "You should confess before it is too late" Roman suggested. Staring at his brother who was lowering his head.

"But what if she rejects me?" Dean asked back. "At least she will be aware of your feelings. Think in a good way. Also you can pursue her to get her love back. Joy refused me for ten times but I still managed to receive her affection in the end. It is all about effort" Roman lectured.

Making Dean sighed out loud at last. "You don't understand at all" he muttered. Standing up from the seat with a frown on his face and he went back into his own room. An exhausted sigh escaped from the lips of Roman. "Of course I do, u stupid kid"

He whispered to himself.