53- Let's get married

"Shit, who is he?!"

A mumble escaped between Mia's lips as she furrowed her brows in vexation. The time was late already for a young woman to walk alone down the street to get some snacks without letting others know. But still, it was not her fault for sneaking out at night to fulfill her desire,

since her parents prevented her from having snacks for a few days due to health issues. Yet, the young woman craved for these snacks only. As result, Mia sneaked out from the back side alone by herself. Bailey had left since last day. Lorcan had also returned as usual.

So the young woman did not have anyone to bring with her. At the moment, there was a strange man who had been following her from the beginning. Mia noticed how he had been after her since she walked out of the villa. This strange man had a hoodie on which veiled him.

In short, the young woman could not see nor take a glance at his face even. "What should I do?" A frown appeared. Mia dived into ocean of thoughts while she stepped into the convenience store. Her eyes glanced down to the back, only to witness the strange man coming.

He actually went after her.

He walked into the convenience store just like her which meant she was not misunderstanding and he was following after her like a stalker right now. "Do I run away?" Mia queried herself in a low tone. Deciding on what to do next. "No, act fool" she picked a decision at last.

After buying what she craved, Mia stepped out of the store in a relaxed manner as if she had yet to notice. Her hand gripped the bag while her another hand slid into the hoodie's pocket. Ready to put out the sharp hair pin if the strange man approached and attacked her.

"MY! Miss Mia! What are you doing here?! Where did your dear bodyguard go?!" Out of the blue, a car honked from behind. Startling the young woman entirely so that she flinched. Her brows pulled together as she turned to take a look. And a sigh escaped under breath.

"Mister Zeke Preston" Mia mumbled with a scowl. Her eyes quickly glanced around the area. And she froze at the spot. Her eyes met the glowing eyes of a man at the corner under the street lamp. He was staring at her with affectionate gaze as he had mask covered.

"Get inside. He is suspicious"

Zeke's voice pulled the young woman back. She swallowed. Staring into the eyes of Zeke who had stepped out of the car since she was just standing there like a mannequin. "Do you know him by any chance?" Mia threw a query as her eyes peered up into his eyes.

It was when Zeke gulped. Why were her eyes sparkling like that? He squeezed his eyes. Fighting the urge to wrap his arms around her and pull her forward. This was not the time to be like this. He had to be tender. He had to be gentleman, especially in this kind of situation.

"I was passing by only. I happened to notice you walking while glancing to the back more than a few times. That's how I noticed the situation. I have no clue who he is" Zeke answered as he seized the bags from the girl which perplexed her a bit. "What are you trying to do?"

Mia frowned. "To drive you back?" Zeke flashed a smile and tilted his head. Hushing down the young woman. Well, at least it was better than walking alone by herself even if this man across her was someone she had no trust in. "Drop that doubt out of your gaze, Mia"

Zeke chuckled.

Knowing damn well the young woman was considering whether to believe him or not. "Well, how could you expect me to trust in someone who lied to be a savior when the real one is someone else?" Mia scoffed with a scowl. Causing the man to cackle in amusement.

"I was trying my best to get closer to you, Miss Mia. You should not underestimate me for that. I did not have any other choices back then" Zeke shrugged. They two walked near to the car. "Still, how could you be this shameless to state a lie with a straight face?"

Mia mocked with a head shake. They got inside the car after. "So you do feel a lot better now?" Staring into the ocean blue eyes of the young woman with a sweet smile tugged at his lips, Zeke queried. Only to quiet down Mia entirely. A frown across her face had disappeared.

This man. He was trying to soothe her mind by bringing another topic into the conversation. He could have said nothing about her doubt in him, yet he carried the chat on just to make her forget about the situation. The reaction of the young woman made Zeke chuckle.

"You really are adorable"

A murmur escaped between his lips as he drove away from the place. Leaving the man under the hoodie behind. The compliment from Zeke was loud enough for the young woman to hear due to the fact that the car was beneath a deep silence. But she did not say anything.

She only remained silent and looked out of the window. "Wait. Drop me off here. My parents cannot find out that I sneaked out" When Zeke was about to enter the villa from main gate door, Mia ceased him in hurry. Bringing a grin upon the man's face. He turned his head.

Gazing at the young woman who was sitting beside him. She grabbed the bags and prepared to leave. However, the man locked the car doors. Preventing Mia from getting out of the car. She frowned. "What is your problem?" She hissed through gritted teeth in annoyance.

"No gratitude for rescuing you out?" Zeke raised his right brow. Making the young woman inhaled deeply. He got on her nerves a lot although he really saved her. "Yes. There is no gratitude for you, Mister Zeke" Mia smiled at the man. "Now open the lock"

She ordered.

"I wonder how Sir Theo and Ma'am Camilla would react when they find out you sneaked out and returned with a man at time like this" A smirk curved up across Zeke's face. Exasperating the young woman wholly. Now, this was called threatening! How dare he?!

Instead of an offended expression, Mia flashed a grin back at the man which puzzled him. He quietly waited for her response in curiosity. "Go on. I do wonder whether they would believe someone who lied to be their daughter's savior?" her lips curved up into a smirk.

Raising her right brow as the man pressed tongue against the inside of cheek. Lord, her smirk was everything. Her sarcasm, her... just everything about her. Zeke inhaled with a beam. Gazing into the eyes of the young woman with affectionate gaze. "Let's get married"

Unexpected request from the man echoed in the car next second. Spinning around Mia to make her dizzy. In realization, her ocean blue eyes widened. "The heck? Are you insane? I can't believe you think this joke is funny one. Open the fucking lock right now"

She scowled.

"That was not a joke, Mia. But if you need some time to consider, I will remain silent for a few weeks" Zeke sighed under his breath. Stunning the young woman entirely. What kind of thought he was having so that he offered a marriage out of the blue to a stranger?!

"Sweet dreams, Mia" Zeke wished with a grin and unlocked the car doors in the end. It was the moment Mia gulped. She broke the eye contact. Hesitating a bit to act up. "Thank you for rescuing me out of there" She muttered, loudly enough for the man to hear.

Then Mia got out of the car in hurry while carrying the bags firmly. Not even turning to look back at the man at all. The gratitude she expressed caused Zeke's lips to form into a wide grin in an instant. He promptly looked up, rejoicing dancing in his affectionate gaze.

His eyes stared at the young woman who headed into the villa like a thief trying to sneak in. "I can't believe he actually asked that" Mia furrowed her brows in disbelief. She had returned into her room with snacks and drinks successfully without getting caught by others.

She laid down on the bed.

While gazing up at the ceiling, the girl commenced to think about almost everything. However, no matter how much she attempted to get rid of those words, they never left her mind. 'Let's get married' They kept repeating in her head as if he had cast a spell against her.

"No, don't think about him. It was a joke. There is a whole strange man you have to be aware of, Mia" The young woman convinced herself. Inhaling and exhaling to calm her chaotic mind. She shut her eyes after. That man under hoodie seemed familiar somehow.

"Is he perhaps.. George Seith?!"

Mia's eyes widened in realization.