XVI. Devoted

What is devoted? What is a mother's love? What is a motherly love? This words is defined as a possessive affection of a mother. Where her children are to be protected by her.

Not all people has their mother on their side, maybe they're dead, maybe they're not. Sometimes we see them with us, sometimes they are far away from us.

A mother is someone who is more valuable than gem, more attractive than diamonds, more rich than gold.

A mother is whom we keep the most. A mother is whom we can't let go of. She is precious, she is delightful.

When a mother cries, her children will cry, too. If a mother is hurt, so as her children. If a mother is alone, her children will come and comfort her.

Things, even her is temporary, so love them before it is too late.

How about you, do you have a mother?

In the forest of Aldea, Wincela together with her mother, Wisteria, talked together.

"Mother, what did you do? Why are you trapped in here?"

Wisteria smiled. "I did so many sins. I fooled so many people."

"Who are those you've fooled?"

"Sophixzels, Leischen, and many more. Including you."

"Why? You didn't fooled me."

"Because of me, Alvelard abducted you from me."

"How about my father? I mean, that bastard."

"Philippe. He is a bastard, indeed. Raped me and betrayed me."

"He died some years ago."

"I am glad that he died."

"Ferra killed him. And, what is your relationship between the people of Leischen?"

"From the first, I never thought about that I belong there. I didn't believe that I am their half sibling. And then, he reached upon me. I fell in love at him. He is kind, gentle and forgiving. Although he thinks if me as his sister, I think of him as my soulmate. I didn't admit that I love him. I am no part of his. I am just a stranger."

"What does it feel like falling in love?"

"Very dangerous. You forget about the side effects as you keep on going. It is very horrible."

Wincela sighed. "What is like to be betrayed?"

"Deadly."

"Do you regret everything?"

"You are not the only thing that I didn't regret about. Whether I am suffering right now, or didn't knew me at first, you are still right beside me. Even though I am blind and weak, you still accept me for who I am."

"It's because you are my mother. It's a good thing that I knew you now. And a bad thing that you are now dying."

"Even if you beg me to live, my core is gone."

"We can't undo the world."

"Precisely." She smiled. "All I can feel now is warmth."

"Me too, mother."

Wincela cried as she watched her mother suffer in her eyes. She leaned on the tree as it blooms. She sniffed softly that even Wisteria would not know that she is crying. She smiled as she leaned on the tree.