XVIII. Simplicity

Let us talk about the word simplicity here. What is Simplicity for you? Simplicity is for being simply, uncomplicated and freedom. To be free in all things, to be lively, to be greatful even though you are simple

For me, simplicity is when I write this novel, make arts, be with my family even though we are not rich, and feel the powerful breeze of fresh air in my province.

To leave in peace and unity. Simple is beautiful.

Let's talk about Arabell and Sylvester's life. They were living in a luxury, they were not free, they were commanded. Arabell wanted to live simple and free. She doesn't want luxury. She doesn't want jewelleries.

She wished to live a normal life with Sylvester by her side without being busy, commanded, face on the works.

She loved him on her first sight. They fell at first sight. They were in a relationship for years.

She didn't wished to be a queen, she never looked up on being inside the castle, sitting down or walking around.

Sylvester begged her to love him forever and stay with him forever, he proposed to her. She can't say 'no' because she really do love him, she don't want her parents to be in a burden anymore, but unfortunately, she really didn't want any of these.

They were married after Sylvester's siblings, Falcon, Sylvia, Grace and Sweena. They were married in a grand ball. Grandest of all.

They both have a son named Ares Lukas Sophixzel. She gave birth to him before Maribela's, just for about 3 months apart.

In Arabell's true life, she had a older brother named Alan, and a younger sister, Aurora. Alan lived peacefully in the village of Dionysus, Flenigland.

Her family moved to Aster when she was finally married to Sylvester.

As from her current situation, she wanted to ran away from him, she started to open up to him.

She knocked on the door of his office and he responded, she came in so quietly with nobody is around. Sylvester looked at her, and he saw her face on the floor.

"What's wrong with you today?" Sylvester asked.

"Nothing. I want to open up to you something. And I know what will be your reaction, so." She responded.

"Go on, speak."

She did say nothing at first. She thought that his reaction maybe angry or sad or whatever it is. "I don't want all of this. I want to go back home."

He stopped. "This is home, what is home for you?"

"I want to live freely than this one. I don't want this. I didn't want this."

"Then what was the purpose on marrying me, if you don't want to live like this?"

She gripped her hands tight and whispered, "You are the one who proposed to me. I don't have a choice but to say 'yes' to you, my parents would be disappointed."

"Then you shouldn't agreed if you don't like this." He sat on his chair.

"What? Are you serious? What are you talking to?" She released her anger.

"Should I be the one to ask you that? What are you even thinking? Is this not what you call 'home' to you? What do you mean 'go back home'? You want to leave me here?"

"Shoot! I shouldn't have said this to him. I should have ran away for better." She thought to herself.

"Are you thinking of running away from me? From your son?" He asked angrily.

"F*ck. I messed up." She thought again. "So, first of all, I want to live as simple as everyone, not this. I want to be free. I don't want to work here. I don't want to be served by the maids. I don't want your knights to kept watching me whenever I go. I don't want to be here." She argued.

"Do you still love me?" He asked calmly.

"What are you asking? Don't point that to me now?"

"I AM ASKING YOU IF YOU STILL LOVE ME." He shouted angrily.

"If loving you is the point here, yes, I still love you. But this? This is too much for me, Sylvester."

"THEN WHY YOU ALWAYS WANT TO RUN AWAY FROM ME?! WHY DO YOU WANT TO BETRAY ME? I HAVE ALWAYS KNOWN YOUR ACTIONS, I KEPT ON OBSERVING YOU, I KEPT ON LOVING YOU LIKE WE ALREADY JUST MET. YOU RAN AWAY FROM ME, PRETENDING TO BE SICK, AND THAT THOUGHT OF YOU DIDN'T LIKE TO BE LIKE THE OTHER GIRLS. YOU RAN AWAY FROM ME WHEN YOU GAVE BIRTH TO MY SON. DO YOU EVER THINK THAT YOU ARE BETRAYING ME? IS THIS NOT HOME TO YOU?"

She cried, "I thought of leaving you because I don't like to be in this situation. I kept on suffering. Now I don't know what freedom is to me. You gave me all, but it is too much. It's like you are hanging me on the highest peak of the tower. This is too much. Of course, I know that you understand me at all, because you live in a palace and I live in the streets. You don't know how much unity when I was walking down the streets, not in the altar. You don't know how the wind feels like. You don't know how to feel true love. The way you give me this much causes me to suffer. I want to leave." He just stood there, eye to eye on her. "I'll give Ares to you. You know, I broke my heart when the priest is in front of us, hearing your vows to me. It broke my heart to the point you will never give me the chance on being free. I am a selfish woman, and both of you don't deserve me."

She ran away closing the door gently, she ran away as fast as she can. She didn't mind the maids calling her, she dodged all knights guarding the gate. She left her heels on the ground and ran bare-footed. 

Sylvester was hopelessly crying in his office, he felt broken and betrayed. He threw all his works in the wall, his mugs in the door, his fist punching the wall. He shouted as if he is feeling lonely.

She never thought Ares, she never had a second thought. She suffered than him.

She went home to her family, in the other side of Aster, she arrived crying and in anger. She changed her clothes and told them that if Sylvester came here, they will not tell where she was going.

She departed as soon as possible, so Sylvester won't catch up on her.

After a day, Sylvester visited his in laws in the other side, asking them to let his wife come out. 

"His Majesty is here, we are terribly sorry that my sister is not in here, and she doesn't want to see you." Aurora, her sister-in-law said.

"What do you mean she is not here?" He asked.

"We don't know where she ran to, we are terribly sorry." The mother said.

"I know she is in here, I know she is hiding in here. Please let me talk to your daughter, I want to talk to my wife." He begged and pleases them as he knelt in front of them.

"Son, I see that she is disappointed in you. But, let her be at ease, she don't want to suffer anymore. She regretted loving you as she knows she will never be at ease. Let her be." The father said.

"If she really do regret all of it, then I don't. I loved your daughter very much. I did all of what I can to make her smile, to make her happy. I didn't know that she was suffering. Just please, let me talk to her." He cried kneeling in front of them.

The father apologized to him and said she is not with them. He let Sylvester to go back and let him find her someday, if he really do love her. He will find her in order to make her his.

This is far as she can go, she is with her brother in Dionysus, Flenigland, where she can rest in peace.