XLIII. Bloody Moon

A day before the Bloody Moon comes, Ferra has to decide whether she will come for the sacrifice for the moon or not. She has been spaced out, lately. She still hasn't regain her powers, yet. Ever since Wincela died, she has regretted raising Wincela, whom she secretly loved. 

Thinking about Alvelard's answer about what he will do after the world changed, didn't surprise her. She knew he will be gone after praising the Bloody Moon. 

When Ferra was about to go out, she met the master, Eric, on the hallway.

"Oh. Change has come. Our master Eric has risen." She bowed down before him with a nervous tone.

"You may rise." She didn't looked at him because she was frightened. "You look familiar." He said.

"Uhm. My lord, we haven't met yet." Still looking down.

He grabbed her chin and forced her to look at him, as he control her mind. "You look like my 1st son, who was killed by the commoners." Sweats got out of her body and she started shivering. "You were beautiful just like him. After all, you are my child also."

"Comparing me to your precious son was very honorable, My lord." She said, while she has to wait until he release her.

"Very well. You are the only one to call me 'My lord'. Your divine master calls me 'Great Father'. While the others calls me 'master'. I think you are so special. What do you do while I am asleep?" He asked.

"I uhm. I make potions, I poison people, or rather kill them by cursing them. I am actually a trusted spy of the divine master." She replied.

"Very nice. Do you know what will happen tomorrow?" He asked, releasing his chin off him.

"No, My lord." She looked down.

"Be my apprentice."

"Pardon?"

"Be mine instead. After their souls get eaten, will you serve me as your 'god'? Your one and only master?" He asked. "I can grant you whatever you want. Your desire is also mine." He offered.

Ferra isn't surprised nor happy at all. She also wanted to give it a try for serving only him, but she also wanted to die peacefully.

"I'll be at my best to serve you, My lord." She accepted it. She knew it will cost her life. She just wanted to give it a try.

"Then, it's a deal. Keep your mouth shut." He whispered to her ear. "And, I'll expect you to be on my chambers tonight, then." He went away.

Ferra doesn't have the clue, but she will keep her mouth shut and serve him.

At the end of the dawn, Ferra remembered that she would be on her master's chambers to discuss something. She just ignored the others, as well as Alvelard. It is about 18 minutes since she finished her chores and finding his chambers. But when as she was about to give up on finding it, someone pulled her from behind.

She was obtained by the master, inside his chamber.

"It has been hours, witch. Where have you been?" Eric said.

Her heart beats fast. "I uhm. I just finished my chores, My lord. Apologies." Sighting off his chambers, it was full of potions, his chambers was like a laboratory of his.

"Stunned by my chamber?" He asked.

"Yes, My lord."

"I have something for you to do, just for me. All you have to do is to bring back my vagzlas." He showed her his desk.