XLII. War Has Come

On this day, unfortunately, Snow and Nieves accepted the trial of King Lorenz on lying and hiding their identities to the public. Actually he knew that Snow is a half, although she still has to accept it because she behaved badly on that event. And as for Nieves, she had a month of trial in the court, revealing that she is not really a person but a wyvern. 

They explained what really happened on the court of Subbatra, letting the other nobles of the land hear their explanation. Things would have go smoothly if the others didn't made a fuss.

But before the testimony they did, upon arriving back to Leischen in a wounded state, Elijhel and the others were shocked. Charlotte scolded both Snow and Nieves, and treat their wounds. Actually, Nieves' neck was injured due to the dragon's bite. All of them were worried, and King Lorenz found out that there were a big mess in the Forest of Aldea, a big forest fire has been spread, and the ground was wrecked by the fight of the dragons. Knowing that the Draco family was the reason of the mess, releasing their being. 

After that incident, a rain of flyers came from the sky. It rained all across the country, saying that 'Change has come. War is here'. The other nobles didn't know what was going on. And it has been a little shock, seeing that the one who made the flyers was Queen Kayda de Draco-Avyguard. 

King Lorenz was aware, especially the former queen of Sana

Queen Snow was on her day off for her to rest up and to heal her injury. She knew what she did back then, and not surprised at all, because on the first, she did exchanged with her other half, which made her really uncomfortable. 

She was looking down for a while, knowing that the end is near if she kept on being a coward. 

She stood up, went looking in the mirror, sadly. She closed her eyes for a bit while standing. The she opened. She saw her other half, frowning, dressed in plain white silk, with a head dress of an icy thorn.

"Why are you here?" Snow asked. 

"I am here to explain what is the difference of your wants and your needs."

"You don't need to explain that to me."

"I have to. I want you to listen to me, just now."

"Fine. You may talk."

Her other half sighed heavily. "You may have rejected me a couple of times, but this time, it is your choice. You must choose between the two. But first, I should explain what a widyel be like." She looked back at herself, not making an eye contact. She sighed again. "Widyel. They were first fairies, very calm and wise. The protectors, the so-called 'weak'. We heal, we protect, we stop storms. We are the most kind of all beings. We were never be so close to the gods. We serve no one but ourselves. We praise ourselves, we worship ourselves. And he came, he served a woman, who is in the noble family. He loved her, and left her 'us'. And she left 'us'." She crossed her hands. "The role of the widyel is to protect not to seize. What we did earlier is in between the 'do's' or 'don't'."

"Oh yeah. What we did is to fight them in order to protect our body."

"Correct. But, what that witch saw was not me, it was you. I know that she thought of that she was facing a monster. Why? Because you revealed an evil face. As I said earlier, widyel is calm and kind, but not like that of a beast. Since we are not the same, but we share same parents and a same body, you have no choice but to choose."

"I don't want to let you control over my body. If I were to choose, I'd be--"

"You'd be, what? A queen, who is a coward, choose love over your own people? Or a witch, who can protect both your love and people? If you'd choose the other side, you might ended up dead. With no heir. If you chose me, you can help people whatever you want, you can live longer than a hundred years, less than a thousand. You can give your blood to your lover and be happy for so long."