XVII. Taming You

It's raining in Schweigen and they were at the burial place of King Benedict at his 60th day of death. They were all gathered there together, with some of the other kings and queens who mourned with the Majesties.

Kayda carry her son, who is the second born of hers, dressed all black for his 60th day. All men and women from their land mourned with them. 

Queen Valentine Juno Seraphim went to mourn, too, all alone. 

"What a great king, indeed. I never expected everyone will mourn, including you, Kayda." She looked at Kayda so ferociously. Kayda didn't talk back. "What's the matter, Kayda? Sad?"

 "What am I supposed to feel? Happiness? While he is in that grave?"

"I thought Kayda wouldn't respond. How foolish of you."

"You are the foolish one here. What are you even doing here? Mourning? Do you want to fight?"

"I don't want a fight."

"Then what are you doing?"

"Kayda, dear. Remember what happened to us, back then. We were so close like sisters. What happened to us back then? What happened to you?" Valentine mocked her.

Back from the past, Valentine and Kayda were super close friends, they were like sisters. From the first time they met, Kayda smiled.

They were so happy, they even skip out of school to eat village foods near their academy and meet every other princesses anywhere.

They were so close, so happy, and suddenly Valentine was treated so harsh by other people, that she was never taught so politely. Kayda stopped meeting her when they heard that she moves like a rat. When they were at the academy, Valentine went to meet Kayda in the classroom, but she heard murmurs when she was at the door. She took a slight peek in the window and she saw Kayda with other boys and girls, like she is so famous.

"Valentine is such a prick, she don't deserve to be with you. If she kept on being close with you, you might be influenced to her bad attitude." The girl said.

"Yeah, she was scolded by her parents because of her bad demeanor." The boy responded, too.

"Don't worry guys, she is not actually my friend. I don't befriend rats like her." Kayda said, and they all laughed at what she said.

Valentine gasped and shocked. Her tear fell and she ran away. Kayda looked at the window quickly and thought she was there, and they continued to laugh.

Valentine was bullied in the academy, even though she is the only heiress of Eldar

She chased Kayda and grabbed her, saying, "I thought we were friends, Kayda. I treat you like a sister to me."

"It is all the word 'like'. You were never a friend to me. I don't care if you are higher than me. You don't own the fame." Valentine knelt down and cried, but when she let her anger out, she stood up. "Oh, so you're standing up, I thought rats give up easily."

Valentine ran towards her and slapped her so hard, some of the students there saw what she did. They called the principal of the academy.

Both of them were scolded and busted for 4 months before graduation.

After that incident, Kayda shut her mouth and Valentine worked harder, studied harder. Valentine graduated as the valedictorian of her class, and Kayda graduated at 4th in her class.

After attending the academy, Kayda didn't shut her mouth and continued to spread about Valentine's bad behavior. Although Valentine ignored all of them. Most of them were afraid to Valentine by her killing glaze.

Both of them broke their friendship and started to bully each other.

Now that Valentine has more confident than her, more gentle poise than her, she was easily to kill Kayda gently.

Going back to the future, the two argued at the back of the garden. Kayda is still carrying her son in her arms while Valentine faced her.

"Hearing you say that I am not your actual friend that time hurts me. Yes, I did treat you like a sister. But did you know that your attitude is more garbage than mine? Kayda you are the foolish one. I hated every time I see your face, it disgusted me, it makes me want to vomit. It makes me sick."

"I am glad that I make you sick. You are not an ideal friend. You speak nonsense."

"A bullsh*t like you? Of course, you are the 'not an ideal' friend. Everyone hates your family. Even Sebastian hates you."

"Don't ever mess my family here in our conversation." She was angry. "I don't know what you are saying, I don't know what you are pointing to but don't you ever mess my family if I ever got in a very sh*t situation."

"There is this saying 'if you circled an answer in one question, all your corresponding questions will be wrong. One mistake will ruin a test.'"

"If you want to end this, just say what you are pointing to."

"You are a sh-"

Sebastian came and stopped Valentine's mouth. "Valentine, if you don't want your kingdom doomed, don't mess with my wife." Giving her a death glare.

"Since when did you treat her as a wife? You dumped me as you want. Even though your grandfather wants it. And her? Since when, Sebastian?"

"If you don't want to be fu-"

"Okay okay, I'll go. It's been a nice day to piss my self off. I'll get going."

Valentine went away after being scolded by Sebastian. He protected his wife and son from her.

"I didn't know that both of you dated." Kayda said.

"Valentine and I realized that both of us were not really alike and we didn't loved each other. She is a good woman, but we both had no taste on each other." He sighed. "Although we made love and that's all."

Kayda didn't said a thing back, she felt angry than before. She went inside of the castle to rest. 

Sebastian followed her to their bedroom and talked to each other. 

She groaned. "If you have anything to say just tell me."

"I am supposed to ask you that. Are you fine?"

"Fine as usual."

"If you are tired seeing her, then I will forbid her to come here."

"It doesn't matter."

"Be thankful, I covered you up as your husband and a father."

"I am stressed."

"Then let's rest." He hugged her so tight so that she can't feel any stress. And then she smiled a little bit. She leaned in his shoulders and sigh in relief.