XXX. Bosom Friend

"He is my friend. The closest one that I ever had." The voice of Snow was echoing.

A bosom friend is the one who is the closest to your heart. Misunderstandings, you don't get along, it doesn't matter, you still are friends.

Elijhel Solimann, was Snow's bosom friend. 2 years older than her.

He is the last child and the only son of General Craige Solimann and Jesa Rose. His mother died in an illness when he was 6, he was taught good manners and etiquette by his 2 elder sisters, Lelaine and Marianne.

He was quiet and good. He don't usually pick fights and he only stays on his sisters' sides.

Whenever Lelaine or Marianne go and work at the palace, they often bring Elijhel with them and accompany the princess.

He knows what a small girl wants, because he was raised by his sisters. He knows how to control a little girl.

The first time they met each other is when they brought him at the palace, because no one will watch him at home, their father is busy working, also. Young Miss entered and snuck inside the kitchen.

Charlotte saw her and shouted, "Why are you doing here, Young Miss? You are supposed to be in the learning room with your tutor."

Snow whispered, "I'm hungry."

"Ms. Charlotte, you can give her foods, now. It is already past 9. It is normal that a kid like her to be a glutton." Ms. Marianne said.

Elijhel picked the plate full of cookies and gave her with a smile.

Snow smiled in a confused manner, picking up the cookie and ran away.

Everyday, Elijhel gave her foods every time she is studying. That makes her feel that they were now both close.

Back then when she was 4, she always go and see the creatures in the back garden. She always bring him. When she always tripped her foot, Elijhel will always say, "Silly willy. Don't gallop, you are not a horse." And carries her at his back.

They always play hide and seek with the maids, and make Charlotte dizzy whenever they play.

Elijhel always braids her long hair. He always braids his mother when she was still alive. And puts flowers to match her hair and looks.

Snow always visits him whenever he is sick. He does the same, too.

When Snow was 8 and he was 10. He saw his father marching back home, he saw Snow running towards them and ask them. He felt sad for her to think that his father and his comrades are the only ones to went home. The queen doesn't.

He tried to comfort her, she still don't listen. They tried every thing to make her calm, but even the maids couldn't calm her.

After a year, he is 11 and she just turned 9, they celebrated her birthday in a simple way, because that is what she wanted.

Part of her says she is still lonely, another is she is happy, because they celebrated it without other visitors.

When Elijhel was 14, and he is currently on training, all he have to do is study and train. But Snow can visit him anytime.

"I want to train with you, too." She said.

"Hmph. You still have to wait until you are 14." He mentioned.

Leaned on the table. "Why?"

"You can start the training at the age of 14. And graduate or be promoted at the age of 18. Therefore, you got 2 years to come until training."

"It was a long wait, though. My mom was trained also, and I want to be trained, too. Then I'll be much stronger than you, brother."

He pinched her cheeks. "Silly willy. Then let's have this as a bet."

She smiled.

Whenever she comes by to check upon him, she always carries some of her books.

"Brother, can you teach me? It is still your break, right?" She snuck upon the window.

"Alright. What we will be studying?" He asked.

"Political science and teach me some of more vocabularies." She said.

She sat on the chair beside him and opened the book.

As minutes passed, he was still explaining and explaining. Snow glares at him, without knowing.

And she suddenly say, "You are very appealing, brother." She smiled.

Elijhel stopped on explaining and said, "You flatter me, Young Miss." She still stared at her. "Are you even listening to me?"

"I can listen to you every day. You have a euphonious voice."

"Thank you for the compliment, Young Miss."

As the years go by, Snow already in training with the general and the others. Elijhel was her combat senior. He trains her in combat. Sometimes she is busy at the palace works, so she sometimes attend the trainings.

When Snow realizes that her coming of age and reigning is near, she thought of having a personal knight.

She went to the office of the general at noon.

"Sorry to disturb you, general. May I suggest some plans?" She knocked.

"Yes. Come in and discuss it."

She sat on the chair and pout her lips.

"What you will suggest, Young Miss?" He asked.

"Uhm. It is about my future reigning and my coming up of age. I want to suggest, erm. Can you, make Elijhel, as my personal knight?"

"It would be an honor, Young Miss. He wouls be very happy. And you are best of friends too, right?"

"Are you accepting without any 2nd thoughts, general?" She is confused, yet she was happy. "Then, we still have to wait another year for him to be promoted at my side."

"He would be very happy about it. I may discuss it with everyone soon." He smiled.

After a year again, Snow was on her 2nd year or training and now, Elijhel was promoted.

"I hereby declare that Elijhel Solimann will be promoted as Lieutenant and also Her Highness' personal knight. Upon her future monarch, she would be expecting her knights would be very responsible. Her Highness' respects all of you, as her comrades or seniors. You will be given future aspects from her also, on behalf of your present seniors."

Snow smiled when she heard the announcement. She smiled and waved at Elijhel when she looked at her.

She caught up with him at the banquet and hugged him at the back.

"Yahoo. How is your day?" She asked.

"I am glad and fine. Since father said that you suggested me as your companion on your side. I have no other choice but to accept your request." He said.

"I am very pleased to hear that, brother. You will be working with me for the rest of my life. Until our death, we must serve each other."

"As your friend and also a brother in heart, I will give all my might to protect Young Miss." He bowed.

She giggled and tapped his shoulders for appreciation.