XXXIV. Debutante

2 days before the debut and the crowning, Charlotte decided the teach Nieves on what to do, she took a tour on the palace and on her work place, beside the Indicolite Palace. Nieves was bored and she did really know what she will do, besides signing of papers. She did have fun while toying the maids and the others on touring her or lecturing her.

While she was in the side of the kingdom, the archive building, near her work place or office, she talked with Charlotte for the meantime.

"Why didn't you took the position of assistant, Ms. Charlotte? You are good at it. You did explained me everything." Nieves said.

Charlotte, while putting all the other papers in the shelf. "Sir George, the former assistant of their family, taught me those. I always carry his works. I don't like his job yet I was taught by him. I only care what is good for my princess."

Nieves, leaning on the shelf. "Being a queen is much more worst. You were targeted by many and only your safety is the top priority."

"True. Snow's mother was targeted by Queen Kayda. Her death was still on investigation. The only thing that we know was, that the only place she went is the Kastrilla palace."

"Kayda is not what you think. She is much more worst than hunters in my ancestors' time. She kept me captive for months, killed my species, tried to make me as a flame dragon. The more power she holds, the worst she would be in the entire nation. Now that you mentioned that she targeted the former queen, maybe she'll target Snow, also."

"I am not sure. And it is just a 'maybe'."

Nieves sat on the chest at the corner of the room, and ask something. "How do you become a mage? How come your core is destroyed?"

Charlotte sighed. "I was just a child, I was taught magic at a very young age. And I gave up, and I have no home left. I was bullied. I don't know how it was destroyed. All I know that some fragments of my core is gone, and I got less years to live." 

Nieves lightened up a bit and stood up, looking like a model. "What if I give you 500 years of my cultivation. You may live as long as you don't get killed or ill. I am offering you. Be lucky that you are the first one to receive an offer from an immortal."

"How about Snow? I can live long, but how am I able to serve generations to generations. Some may kill me if they knew that I am a immortal."

"Her Highness, is a witch. She can live longer than everyone. She can rule the throne longer than other kingdoms."

"You don't know this, but Her Highness is a half sorcerer and a human." Charlotte is worried.

"There is a possibility that she can live less than a thousand years. The first option is you can live 2,000 years or the second option is that if you earned a title given by the bloody moon, you can live longer or less than 50,000." Making any kinds of hand gestures, portraying that she is saying.

"What does the 'Bloody Moon' do, besides that?" Charlotte asked.

"The Bloody Moon has many orders. It may come from the highest orders of either human, a god, or a sorcerer. The 1st one is from the human, you can earn a title by praising the moon, if you complete the wished of the moon every after 5 years, you will earn your honored title. The 2nd is from a god, you will praise a god in front of the moon, and that 'god' will give you blessings. The 3rd or the last is from a sorcerer, very rude and vague. You only do what they will say or just like this 'Surrender your life to me, and you will be great than great'."