0.5 - No Mercy

He walked straight on into the oncoming person so hard he saw stars. His airflow stopped, the wind was completely knocked out of him, he staggered back a few steps to steady himself and took in a huge breath to try to resume functioning. The stranger was also struggling to find his footing due to the violent collision and his loud, painful breaths rapped against the noiseless street. Blundering moonlight shone weakly on the both of them, involuntarily witnessing their ominous meeting. The now sweetened air revitalized the boy's lungs and fueled his bloodstreams and he was finally able to lay his eyes on the stranger, for the very first time.

And she was an angel.

She was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. Her soft hair waved slightly in the wind and time faded around their broken surroundings. He could only see light, night was no more and the whole world bathed in her powerful radiance. He took a step toward her heedlessly, her gravity reeling him in like the rising sun. He forgot where he was or what brought him there and just stared at her flawless face, sucking in the beauty between her eyes, nose, and lips mercilessly. Why did she just frown? He frowned automatically, mirroring her countenance like a possessed doll. The girl glared at him warily, the focal points in her eyes glowed like blazing diamonds. Pink hues puffed her cheeks and her bright eyes burned into the back of his head like x-rays. Then she sidestepped him to leave.

He heard someone spoke the next sentence in his own voice and realized with a pang that the heavily accented splutter was made by none other than his own demoralized self.

"I'm sorry, please, I'm lost, could you help...?" And it was in Korean. To make everything worse.

The girl's expression changed from cautious to shock to contempt in a matter of seconds. She looked him up and down the way guys usually do to check girls out and disdainfully brought her eyes back up to his face with so much disgust in them he felt weak in the knees. How could a goddess look so hateful? His battered brain attempted to piece itself back together pitifully amidst the hatred in her glares. The girl's hands were buried deep inside her coat pockets like his were and she turned her shoulder away from him icily to walk off, her silhouette as unattainable as a shooting star.

"Speak English."

Her angelic voice broke the night sky ruthlessly and he watched, carbonized, as she took her light with her passed the corner, the prettiest cold smirk flashed over her perfect face before all light was snuffed and he was left disparaged on the darkest, most unfortunate street, lost beyond repair.