44 - Mistake | EXO

Song: Lose Control - EXO Lay

The intimate way I was staying in his arms and the tiny stubble on his face gently pricking my cheek made us so right. This was all wrong yet everything felt right.

"They recruited me," I told him. "I was walking on the street, eating at the same time actually, and this man stopped me and offered me a job. Turned out Mr. Kim is the owner of the Maid Café. I didn't know at the time, of course. He said it's a waitressing job, which is mostly true."

"Mostly." Sehun repeated slowly, question in his voice.

"It's a waitressing job when the customers didn't have a maid fetish."

"And naturally your customers tend to have severe maid fetish." The disapproval in Sehun's voice made me feel odd but wonderful.

"Are you sure you should talk about your band members like that?"

He laughed. "They were that bad?"

"You should've been there. I wonder how it would have been . . . if you were there."

Sehun got what I meant to say as if he could read my mind.

"You wish I were there. Why?" He asked lightly.

Because you wouldn't have let any of it happen. You would've protected me.

"What did EXO do to my Innie?"

I didn't know if I should tell him about all the stripping and kissing. Last night was a blur, to tell the truth. One drunken, crazy blur about which I was still in denial, with an unblurry complication owned by Park Chanyeol, and I knew I couldn't tell Sehun about Park Chanyeol. Yet. I still had to figure things out with Park Chanyeol myself. This was not the time to talk about Park Chanyeol with Sehun.

"We played some drinking games. Strip Poker."

I paused to take in his reaction. Sehun didn't make any, so I continued.

"Body Shots."

He flexed his arms and it was just a little painful, as his arms were already tightly wrapped around my body. I had the urge to apologize to him all of a sudden. I wished none of last night had happened. I wished Sehun didn't need to hear what I still had to tell him. I knew what I needed to say was going to hurt him, and that made me hate myself.

"I-I'm sorry."

He turned his head to kiss my cheek. "No, I'm sorry for not being there."

I closed my eyes.

"We kissed." I whispered. "Jongin and I. Also . . . Also . . ."

Sehun sighed and kissed my cheek again.

"Park Chanyeol and I . . . We - He kissed me during the body shot . . ."

Sehun dropped his chin on my shoulder with a low sigh and I just wanted to die to atone for my mistakes.

"Which was why I later kissed Jongin, to annoy Park Chanyeol . . . It was stupid, a huge mistake, the whole thing, I - Sorry, Sehun, I'm sorry, I-I was drunk and stupid -"

"You scared me."

"Wh-what?"

"You scared me. This morning . . . When Chanyeol came in, the way you reacted . . . I thought he was way ahead, that you liked him way more than you liked me . . ."

Sehun laughed softly. "But I was wrong."

"You are here, apologizing to me and telling me about a mistake you didn't mean to make. Tell me what this mistake was again, baby girl."

I shuddered as I answered. "Kissing people who weren't you."

"A mistake I'll make sure you never make again."

He said quietly and shifted me so that I looked him in the eye.

"You will not remember anyone else's kisses when I kiss you . . ." He caressed my lips, "Here."

I blinked and held my breath as Sehun pressed his thumb against my lips, his eyes turning hazy. I watched him lean in closer and closer, slowly, until his lips touched his own thumb which was on my lips. My arms flew up to wrap around his neck before I could comprehend they had done so and Sehun smiled faintly as he pulled back, though not far enough, so that my arms still hung shamefully around his neck.

"Stop confusing me, Choi Innie." He said in a low voice, his hands shifting me again so I was now straddling him, the fog in his eyes making my whole body weak. "You tell me no but everything about you . . ." He moved my body against him blatantly, "Is a warm, inviting yes."

-A/N'S IN THE COMMENTS. Can we get this to 107 votes and 40 comments?