0.14 - Progress Report

Song: You and Me - Lifehouse

"Sorry soldier, I'm somebody else's girlfriend." She moved her index finger back and forth playfully while shaking her head.

Her good-natured laugh was water upon desert. All of her was beauty, like the mild warm breeze in a May evening before summer was about to come. He bathed in her warmness and didn't even want to think about anything at all. Just let him stay in the moment forever.

"For now," she added, the smile on her face darkened a bit. But the world was already shaken.

Uncalled for jealousy and detestation burst through his heart as he thought of the man that had her. He could literally feel his blood rush. He wanted to sock that lucky bastard, hard, like how he was right now.

Aware of his intense and senseless rage at her faceless boyfriend, he shook his head playfully too and pulled his lips into a suggestive smile, "For now."

His head was rested against the wall and he turned it slightly to look at her from under his lashes.

It seemed like no one was going to mention their hot make-out sessions from earlier. He was glad they reached this unspoken consensus. He couldn't get those kisses out of his mind and he didn't need any more reminders of them. His body was aching for her. The more humane she became, the more he was drawn. And not only physically anymore. She exuded an air of specialness and it was as if she knew about this secret and purposefully tried to conceal it. But that was becoming harder and harder for her the more she talked amicably like a normal girl. Maybe she wanted to act harsh because she knew she'd be too irresistibly charming if she didn't. This was starting to seem unreal.

"I'm sorry about earlier. I had a rough night."

"Don't worry about it. I'm sorry I was a part of that roughness." She laughed again at that. She was too damn cute he was losing it.

"I really wish I could help you. But I really can't." She sighed and kicked the ground lightly. "I don't come here often, it's not a good area. I'm not familiar with this place."

Something was wrong. He could sense it now. He wished he could've sensed this way earlier. His body was now fully turned toward her and he stared into her eyes intently, waiting. She pressed her lips together and reached into her pocket.

"Dead." She waved her phone at him limply as frustration crept up her beautiful face. She moved away from the wall all of a sudden.

He watched her pace around the spot. Her soft hair flew majestically in the wind. She was frowning, and hidden beneath her strong presence, he saw an upset helplessness. Her steps were capricious. Uncertain. Directionless. It hit him then. Like a meteoroid. She stopped pacing at that exact moment as if she could read his mind. Their eyes met.

"You're lost."

"I'm lost."

They said at the same time.

Bingo.

Added to the list of peculiarity, that was one more thing shared. Between two strangers, on this wild, perilous night.

A/N: Sooo, big question: Is the girl too nice?? Love ya! VOTE & COMMENT & SHARE, I mean it guys!! xoxo