24 - Two Hearts and A Surprise | EXO

"I-I was . . ." Chanyeol swallowed, taking in his group members' cadaverous faces. "I am so sorry I'm late, director, I was, I was e-eating . . ."

Sehun almost punched Luhan in joy. What were the odds?! Baekhyun was the quickest to capitalize on Chanyeol's pure luck and immediately gave Chanyeol a thumbs-up behind Mr. Ahn's turned chair.

"You were eating." Mr. Ahn repeated. He was clearly as shocked as they were by Chanyeol's correct answer.

"Please forgive him, director. Chanyeol must have gotten too hungry after practicing since early morning." Jongdae seized the chance and informed Chanyeol of the lie they told management.

Chanyeol pocketed Jongdae's memo without blinking an eye. "I-I thought I could make it back in time, director, please forgive me. I am really sorry I'm late to your meeting, sir. It won't happen again." Chanyeol bowed without a break.

Mr. Ahn turned back slowly to look at the rest of them after he accepted that he had missed his chance to attack, his face dangerously calm. He fixed his cold gaze on Jongdae, who stood up instantly at the unfavorable attention and bowed.

"Please forgive him, sir."

Sehun couldn't help but suppress a smile. He couldn't believe their luck. They had played the situation back into their hands thanks to Jongdae's speedy wits. Now that Chanyeol knew what story had been told to management, a crackdown for truth was impossible. No matter how angry Mr. Ahn really was, they were once again untraceable. And Mr. Ahn knew it too.

The director's face switched back to an impassive carelessness as he waved his hand to tell Jongdae to sit down. Mr. Ahn was far too shrewd to strike when EXO had an unbeatable advantage.

"Forgiven," the director said with an uncomfortably pleasant smile. He was good. Sehun could not detect even a trace of defeat in Mr. Ahn's fake generosity. He turned to Chanyeol just as kindly after Jongdae resumed his seat. "Your apology is accepted. Take a seat. Hectic morning for you, hasn't it been?"

But Chanyeol did not answer.

He had frozen on the spot, glaring, at none other than Sehun's own, equally frozen goddess.

One look was enough to complete Sehun's heartache.

Chanyeol knew her way better than he did. Way better than anybody in this room did.

Sehun felt a surge of galling jealousy wrenching his heart as he took in the way the girl's face turned completely bloodless the second she met eyes with Chanyeol. Whatever caused her to react so powerfully, Sehun wanted to extirpate. That kind of reaction must be reserved for Sehun alone.

Chanyeol's flagrant silence couldn't be anymore untimely. Junmyeon was looking like he could kill Chanyeol with his stare. All Chanyeol needed to say to end the ordeal was "Yes, sir, I'm sorry" and there at the Stairway to Peace Chanyeol decided to go AWOL.

Mr. Ahn obviously did not miss Chanyeol's deviance.

"Have you met?" The director asked, much entertained.

Unfortunately, Chanyeol had not recovered. Shock, confusion, desire, and excitement fought for dominance on his face. He stood dumbfounded, gaping at the girl without a word. Without a care. Mr. Ahn's question might as well have been put on mute.

"No, sir. We meant to ask you about . . . our guest." Junmyeon spoke up for Chanyeol carefully as the much needed damage control.

Sehun was too irritated by Chanyeol's acquaintance with the girl to respond to the elbow nudges from Junmyeon. He knew their leader was telling him to jump in to help but he could not focus on their odd predicament. All he wanted to know was how she knew Chanyeol. And why that made her lose the disdainful air she held toward Sehun himself and instead, had her clutching her backpack so hard her hands tremble. Whatever feelings she had toward Chanyeol were superior to the contemptuous annoyance she had toward Sehun and Sehun hated that.

"I think I need a better explanation of Chanyeol's behavior before I introduce you to my –" The director started.

"He's too dehydrated, sir, exhausted from practice, a bit confused right now, deranged by sasaengs on his way back, probably, please excuse him –"

"Chanyeol came to practice too early this morning, director, he's not in the right state of mind, Chanyeollie –"

And the rascal finally woke up at the mention of his name and took a step back.

"I'm sorry, sir. Please pardon my discourtesy." Chanyeol muttered with a bow and moved to sit next to Kris as abruptly as his timeout had been.

Mr. Ahn had never looked this interested in them. It was fortunate they all spoke at the same time. The director was not used to being cut off so chaotically and remained silent, in amazement, as Chanyeol situated himself soullessly. Mr. Ahn assessed them all with a measured gaze once the room returned to an uneasy silence. Then he chuckled.

"Perhaps I should see you more often . . ." Yeah, that's not gonna happen. You care way too little about us to want to see us more than you're required to. ". . . You surprise me. I had intended to start the meeting with this special introduction, forgive my forgetfulness." Mr. Ahn turned to the girl and nodded. "I would like to introduce you to Miss Choi Inhye."

---

How about that Chanyeol Show. Sehun's not pleased, but at least he got to know her name in this chapter. And Innie's finally gonna speak in the next chapter, I miss her lol. I feel like the big revelation of what she is doing there is gonna be kinda lame, hopefully you won't think so. It's too late anyway since I already planned this from the start. Don't hate it lol. Get ready for Innie's intro. :)

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Guys I watched Mockingjay Part 2!! I love Peeta Mellark soooo much. Ughh. When will I ever get over him. When will I stop being in love with a fictional character. :( I love him sooo much.

AND EXO'S COMEBACK. OMFG. THEY ARE FINALLY BACKKK. It has been sooo long. I can't even explain my excitement right now. I love them so much. And omg who is going to EXO's North American concerts?? THEY ARE COMING TO MY CITY. I'M LIKE ASDFJKL;LHKLJASKDLFHJ. I DUNNO IF I CAN GO!! I CAN'T HANDLE THIS. T__T

Please reach 20 votes and 20 comments. :) No ceiling.

Also, Ghost Readers please vote and comment. Don't be a silent reader. I know I may sound like I hate you but I don't and it's never too late to vote and comment, so just vote and comment now. :) If the story has caught your interest, why not show some support? Nothing is stopping you, the only thing stopping you is yourself, so please don't stop yourself. I love you and you need to Love Me Right. xo