25 - Storm | EXO

Choi Inhye.

Sehun couldn't wait to say her name with his own lips. He looked over to her, his heart rate spiked the moment their eyes met. Every misery and jealousy he was feeling was taken away in that instant by her light. He had never experienced this, never known such magic existed, terrified by how not in control he was, really, but he had just dropped everything for her in a second without any thoughts.

And he didn't even know her.

This attraction was unreal.

The girl lowered her head at the attention given by the whole room, and Sehun just wanted to squeeze her in a bear hug. The air about her had to be magnetic. Sehun didn't know why he felt so drawn to this girl to the point of feeling possessive. He bit his lip and tried to gather up his scattered self-control as the girl stood up and bowed. This inexplicable, almost despotic possessiveness was becoming too much to handle.

"Miss Choi is my new intern. She will be working with the Project Managers in the Business Development Department under the PM's and myself, in addition to assisting me and serving as a liaison between me and the Talent Managers. You will be seeing her in both my department and Talent Management." Mr. Ahn smiled a bit cryptically, as if withholding a secret. "With increasing projects, scheduling responsibilities, and our global advancement plans, I am hoping the addition of the interns would help facilitate the operation of our company."

Somehow the director's demeanor made Sehun feel uneasy. The introduction was perfect, just like how Mr. Ahn usually conducted business, but something about it felt too . . . politically correct.

"Please welcome our new colleague." Mr. Ahn extended a hand to give the floor to the girl. "You may introduce yourself, Inhye."

The girl bowed and spoke up in a weak voice. "Hello, I am Choi Inhye. Please take care of me."

Sehun was definitely not the only one feeling bizarre. Everything was wrong. But what's wrong?! He had just received the answer to the pertinent question – why his girl was here – and yet the only things that stemmed from having his question answered were discomfort and more questions. The others who knew the girl weren't in much better conditions. Chanyeol's hand was a fist under the table and shaking, as his other hand joined to hide his emotions by clasping them together.

"Don't be nervous," Mr. Ahn chuckled, "They are nice kids. Loved by the public, very talented. One of our bests. It will be a joy working with the jewel of our company."

"Yes, sir, of course, it will be my pleasure." The girl said quietly.

"The first few days are always arduous, take it easy." The director's kind words made Sehun flinch. He had never seen the cold businessman cared this much for any human. "You'll get used to everything before you know it. Remember, ask me if you need anything." He was talking to the pretty girl as if no one else was there.

"You will do a great job. I believe in you."

Sehun frowned. The director liked her way better than he liked them. Way too obviously, in a very troubling way.

"Thank you, sir."

Mr. Ahn nodded and smiled.

"Shall we resume?" He took a look at the clock and refocused on his laptop.

If there was any good that came from Chanyeol's moronic moment it was that the director's attention was taken completely off Chanyeol's digressions and put onto the goddess. She saved them.

"As I've told you, I am pleased to report our incredible quarterly sales which exceeded our goals by two hundred and thirty percent, that's with contributions solely from . . ."