0.12 - The Art of Improvising

The honking of the car screeched like nails on chalkboard. They did not have the same luck this time.

"Hey, hey! Over here!" Metal clanged against metal a few times.

"Better talk to us while you still can!" The owner of the voice snickered and a sudden pain cut through his bottom lip. He opened his eyes as she broke free from him and gasped for air. She bit his lip hard.

"I can see why those bastards didn't shoot these two," said another voice with a low chuckle.

He turned slowly to face the parked car. There were only two men inside, but neither looked friendly. The driver had a hand on the steering wheel, a nasty scar stretched across his face, making his grin eerily daunting. The man on the passenger side was toying with a gun while blatantly eying the girl up and down. She didn't seem to be bothered, however. She flashed half a smile at the two men in the car sweetly though he did notice she was clutching his arm to the point of hurting.

"You're too pretty to be with a loser like that, baby girl," the man with the gun smirked, "Hop in the car and we'll show you a good time."

Both men laughed. They didn't even bother to euphemize the greed and awe in their stares. His blood was boiling watching the men undressing her with their eyes. How could she stand it? While smiling, no less?!

"Never a loser if you're a marine," she turned her head to him and smiled lovingly before turning back to face the two men in the car, "Sorry I'll have to skip your party this time."

Whatever she said took out the dirty sniggers. They now stared at him.

"My bad man." The man with the gun shot a look at the driver before he gave a curt nod, "Respect."

"He's getting deployed in a few days," she sighed and looked up at him again with her dazzling smile as she tiptoed to kiss his ear, "Put your right hand in your pocket and your left arm over my shoulder then drag me a few steps back with you."

He was caught completely off guard by the fast and hushed Korean directed at him but he did as she said and pulled her back with him. The men in the car exchanged a look at that.

"Where to?"

"Korea."

The driver tapped the steering wheel slowly and stared out his windshield, lost in thoughts. His friend cracked a smile.

"Y'all are cute, we don't mess with our brother in arms," he put his hands up, "Total respect. We are after some guys though, you seen them?"

She shook her head and smiled back and this time she unleashed her effect full force. He saw her powerful spell work magic immediately as the men's eyes lost focus, unable to keep up with her mesmerizing presence.

"No yeah, we heard them, somebody ran by but we didn't see where they went." She turned back to him still with her perfect smile, "D'you see them, babe? Keep your arm around my shoulder, shake your head, and start walking, now."

He shook his head and started walking with his arm draped over her shoulder protectively.

"Sorry, can't help ya boys!" She called back and kept up with his pace down the street, away from the car, her warm body fully nestled up against his and her smile ten million thousand under the moonlight. Were they really just walking away like this?! How did this girl do it?!

The car horn sounded twice harmlessly before the man called out.

"Our respect to the marines. Semper Fi!"

"Just keep walking," she whispered before turning back to give them a cute salute, "Semper Fi!"

The engine revved and a several seconds later the street was back to its dainty quietness. No one spoke as he turned at the intersection and led them onto the cross street. He had no idea where they were going or what they were supposed to do now and the girl's grip on his arm loosened all of a sudden as she tore away from him and bent over with a muted groan.

"Oh my god." She took a couple of steps and stumbled toward the building, "Oh my god."

---

A/N: Sorry if it's not as dramatic as you might've hoped. :P The people in the car were in pursuit of the people that ran away so they didn't really have time to mug the star-crossed lovers. They have to go chase down those two men from earlier.

I'm in shock right now because of 1D T__T Sooo wasn't prepared for this. I need a cold drink.... XD I just need to sit down with this 0.8 Direction situation and calm myself. With ma ice cold bubble tea.

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.