35 - Up Down | EXO

Song: Heart Attack - EXO

My body shook violently as if it was hit by lightning. The lethal warmness that washed through me after hearing him say my name sent me straight into overdrive. It woke me up completely. But I couldn't believe this was really happening. Maybe I'm dreaming with my eyes open?

"You there, Innie?" He asked when I didn't respond.

His voice sounded so damn sexy on the phone.

"It's me. Sehun. I'm here. I'm so sorry. Are you home?"

I pulled my phone away from my face so I could look at the caller I.D.

Stupid late person.

It's him.

Oh my god.

"Innie?" He said my name again, lugging me closer to hell.

"Y-yeah. Hi. Y-you're here?"

There was a low laugh. I felt myself crumble picturing the smirk that must be on his lips right now. I hated myself.

"Yes." He chuckled, his voice deeper than how I remembered it and hotter than what was good for my health. "I'm here to get my keys, Innie."

He reminded me kindly. "Did I wake you? I am so sorry."

Damn right you should be. Do you know what time it is?!

"It's –"

I pulled my phone away again to check the time, letting out a breath to calm myself and screaming in my head to tell myself to sound tough and mean so Oh Sehun could not have his way with me.

". . . 12:50 in the morning."

That sounded so lame now that I said it. I tried to rectify the situation.

"Y-you're late."

Weak! What kind of weak attack was that? Choi Inhye?! This is the guy that was supposed to be here at 8:00 p.m. and you waited for him until you fell asleep. You can't let him off.

"I know, Innie, I am so sorry I'm late, I'm here to apologize. I'm sorry baby girl, I really am. I brought you something."

He spoke slowly and sweetly, one word at a time, luring me to him almost effortlessly and now I had forgotten what my mean sentence was supposed to be. In fact I forgot what I wanted to say entirely. I held the phone against my face helplessly as he continued to charm his way into my apartment. My heart. My soul. Goddammit Oh Sehun.

"I can't apologize to you on the phone, Innie, I need to do that in person. Please. Let me see you. I am so sorry. Will you let me up?"

He pleaded, his voice soft and alluring, as gentle as a river, as dominant as a waterfall, but either way carving a Grand Canyon in my powerless mind. And I could do nothing to stop it.

"I-I will go down. I'll bring your keys down –" What am I saying?!

"No, just buzz me in. I'll go up –"

"No, I'll go down –"

"It's so cold out here, Innie. Won't you let me up?"

There he goes again.

There he goes again messing with my head.

Say no to Oh Sehun!

I found myself biting my lip to prevent myself from giving in to him. You have to say no to Oh Sehun, Choi Innie!

"N-no."

"Please."

I couldn't say anything.

"Please, Innie. Let me up."

You know you want to.

Whose voice was that?! Was that my own voice or was Oh Sehun speaking to me in my brain?!

"No." I said a bit more firmly, to myself more than to him. "I'll go down to give you your keys."

I started to get out of my bed as if that made everything final.

"Innie, no. I'm coming up –"

"No, you're not –"

"Just buzz me in, we can't meet outside your building –"

"Yes, we can. I'll be out in a sec." I spoke quickly, in case I changed my mind.

"No, I have something for you, Innie, you need to let me up –"

"No, I'm coming. I'm going down. See you in a sec."

I hung up before he could charm me again and started to head out. That phone call was embarrassing. I shouldn't even have agreed to meet him. It was 12:50 a.m. for goodness' sake. He was five hours late, for goodness' sake. You were sleeping, for goodness' sake. Why are you even going down to meet Oh Sehun, Choi Inhye?!

I tried to ignore my reasons and grabbed the keys on the kitchen table. At least I didn't agree to let him up, I muttered in my heart guiltily and opened the door to my apartment.

It's going to be alright. I'll be fine.

I closed my eyes and took in a huge breath as cold air hit me.

I got this.

---

Do you now, Innie? ;) We shall see. VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE. RE-READ.

Omfg I fangirled waay too hard. To Sehun's sweet talk. I confess. I basically died. Can we get this to 360 reads / 32 votes and 27 comments?