0.9 - Moody Exchange

He didn't give her any time to make another move. He grabbed her arm roughly and closed the distance between them carelessly, ignoring the fright on her lovely face and the hot steam that was puncturing his chest.

"Then at least help me get back," he spoke in a low voice but it wasn't on purpose; their proximity was too stimulating. He had completely ditched his reasons for impulse.

"Get your damn hand off me," she cursed and shoved him with one hand and then backed away from him, her beautiful face showed no signs of fear even though her eyes were screaming. "Don't touch me."

He didn't even attempt to let go of her.

"Speak Korean," he commanded, taking a step toward her to restore their physical closeness and feeling the fire on his fingertips as his thoughts run wild.

"I knew this would happen, I knew it," she spat and tried to shake off his hold, "Just because I speak your language doesn't mean you have the privilege of pestering me and forcing me to...."

"You need to start saying things that make sense to me," he interrupted her, speaking slowly and clearly, "Korean only." He ordered and pushed her back toward the building. This whipped her like a lash. She shivered and froze her movements.

"I told you I can't help you," she visibly resisted her urge to fight him off and retorted in a steady voice despite the terror on her face, "There is a difference between 'can't help' and 'don't want to help' and you're apparently too thick to tell the difference."

She spared no mercy. He gripped her arm hard and shook his head domineeringly.

"And why can't you help?"

"I fail to see how that is any of your concerns."

"Answer my question," he shoved her, wanting to run his hands down her flushed cheeks to caress away her fear but feeling instead the unfathomable pain that came with the revulsion in her watery eyes. She was tearing a hole in his heart.

"You disgust me." She pushed his chest hard with her left hand and took a trembling step back, "Let go of me and stop ordering me around like you're...."

Erratic footsteps echoed down the street from the edge of the corner abruptly. Running footsteps. Coming toward where they were. Her mouth hung open and her eyes left him frantically to look around, the paralyzed dread on her face made him weak in his knees.

"That can't be good," she said to herself in a whisper.

"It's fine."

"No. Why are they running? Something isn't right."

"Calm down." He tried to soothe her but she shook her head hysterically.

"You don't understand, this area is bad, I don't...."

Gun shot. And another. She panicked.