31 - Why | EXO

She lowered her head at the last second. His kiss fell on her forehead almost as if that was the plan all along. Nobody moved. The hazy room faded into a dreamy nirvana that belonged to the two of them and the two of them alone.

"O-oh Sehun . . ."

She finally protested after two rolls of film. Sehun answered with a muffled noise. Her whisper was too close to his heart. She pushed him lightly and tried to back away despite his hands on her waist and Sehun let go of her gently with a sigh. She crashed her back into the wall behind her, her eyes wild.

Sehun took a look at her. And grinned.

He should really be feeling embarrassed of himself for the girl dodged his kiss but the expression on her face was making him feel the opposite. He bit his lip to curb the smile. She looked so cute. So red.

So guilty.

She loved it.

"You cannot c-come over." The girl eyed the door and took a step sideways, pretending the kiss never happened. "I will bring the keys next week and –"

"I don't think I come in next week."

"Y-you –"

"Do I?"

Sehun moved left to block her from moving toward the exit with a faint smile. She retrieved instantly.

"Oh Sehun –"

"And how will we meet up at SM? Here?" He laid a hand out at the room. "In this, wonderful haven of . . . janitorial equipment, again?"

She looked hopeless as he came closer.

"You know this won't work, Innie." Sehun spoke in a quiet voice, the mischievous smile by his lips widening. "We can't meet like this here. I know you want to . . ."

He reached down and held her hand in his.

"But I can't. Too risky. I don't want you to get fired."

The girl glared at him crossly.

"Love the way you say my name, by the way. Don't save it as 'Oh Sehun' on your phone though."

He squeezed her hand playfully. She shook it hard to get rid of his hold.

"We can meet somewhere else then." She said huffily. "You can't come to my place."

"I can't meet you outside." He shrugged. "That's worse than meeting you here. I mean unless you want to be in the papers the next day . . . 'Oh Sehun's Hot Date.' I guess we can pick a cute coffee shop somewhere or something then, you need a better dress for the cameras though or really just a shorter one –"

"Fine!"

She said exasperatedly and threw her hair back.

"Fine. You can come."

She conceded irritably. "Eight o'clock. I'll give you your keys and then you have to leave. So that's eight o'clock plus three more seconds –"

Sehun chuckled. "You act like you don't want to see me but we both know you like what you see."

"Haha, funny. Just where did you get that idea –"

"From the way you enjoyed that kiss, of course."

She shook her head furiously, fighting to get the blush off her face.

"What kiss? In case you haven't noticed I didn't give you one –"

"But stayed in my arms long enough to receive one."

She turned into a glowing doll like he had predicted as her words lost their ways.

Sehun grinned and comforted her tolerantly.

"There, there, Innie, it's alright, tons of people ask me out all the time, there's no need to feel embarrassed about wanting me to come over –"

"Stop being narcissistic, Oh Sehun."

"Sure, if you asked in my name."

Sehun gave her a salute. "Whatever you ask in the name of Oh Sehun shall be done for you."

She rolled her eyes.

"Just give me your phone."

She held out her hand and waited. Sehun couldn't help feeling the hard pounding of his heart. Electrifying thrills coursed through his veins as he unlocked it and handed her his phone nonchalantly. He was getting her number. Is this really happening?! I'm getting the goddess' phone number. She's giving me her number. The goddess is giving me her number. I kissed the goddess.

Did I?!

This might actually be a dream.

Innie gave the phone back to Sehun with locked brows.

"I live a bit far from here. H-how will you –"

She cut herself off, not wanting to show her concerns. But Sehun knew what she wanted to ask.

"By cab most likely." He answered. "I'll be there at eight. It's too bad we have that fitting this afternoon. I would have loved to meet you earlier and get dinner together."

"I wouldn't have agreed."

Sehun smiled.

"Don't be so sure." He waved his phone and winked. "You said you weren't going to give me your number, 'Miss Choi Inhye,'" he read off the screen. "Wow, gotta change that –"

"Don't change it! You are not allowed to call me 'Innie' –"

"Who says I'm changing it to 'Innie,' Innie? Let's see, 'Tooth Fairy' –"

"Why do you have that stupid doll?"

Sehun stopped typing. The girl was pointing at the boy doll hanging on his backpack with the familiar contempt he had grown to fear. He hated how she left him yesterday, how she looked at him this morning. He hated that she didn't show Chanyeol the same disdain she showed him. No matter how amorous they had seemed here in this storage room, the reality was that she had something against him. And he didn't know why.

"Bought it to match yours."

He kept his tone light. The aversion on her face deepened with her frown.

"Stop buying things because of me."

She glared at him and backed a couple of steps away. Sehun didn't have enough confidence to stop her from moving toward the door this time.

"Why?"

She stopped to look at him incredulously. But he wasn't asking her why. He was asking her why she hated him.

Sehun stared at her, in fake audacity, as his girl opened her mouth to speak. After a long while of silence however, she closed her mouth without saying what she wanted to say. Sehun sighed.

"Why, Innie?" He asked quietly.

She reached for the doorknob with no expression.

"I'll text you my address."

The soft air she had when she was in his arms was no more. Innie was once again her icy, scary self, exactly like how she was yesterday when she left him. Sehun stood powerlessly and watched her leave him.

"Don't be late."

And then she opened the door and walked out. Leaving him defeated, alone, in darkness without her once more, trapped, in a horrific déjà vu.

---

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Omg sooo many hours + Sleep deprivation = Longgg chapterrr for you again. Why do I work harder on this than my life lol. COMMENT 20 TIMES. Seriously.

Can we get this to 250 reads / 27 votes and 22 comments?