2 - More Than Meets the Eye

The boy hurried over while shaking his head, "Nope, ma'am, this time I'm only buying ties. Can I get twelve?"

He had a raspy, pleasant voice and he asked cheerfully as he came to a stop next to me and waited as the store owner went around the store to get ties.

I took a step to the side, but just as I was about to leave, the lady's voice carried over from across the store, "Just wait a second, I will bring you your uniform too!"

"No, no, thanks, I'm not..."

I tried to call out to her but my voice died down as she disappeared into a door at the back of the store. I dropped my head. People really mistook me for a teenager way too often.

"Are you going to be a student at Seoul Performing Arts High?"

"No, I'm actually just here to..." I shook my head and turned to face him.

Woaahh.

I held my breath. The guy in front of me looked pretty damn unreal. His hair was a soft brown, tussled, falling into his eyes somewhat, complimenting his handsome heart shaped face. His slightly cautioned countenance was radiating a strange, irresistible captivation, and I felt helpless, my eyes were locked to his involuntarily like a moth to a flame. Everything from the luster in his eyes to the natural curve of his lips was effortlessly seductive, immobilizing me from head to toe. The less than ample light shone obscurely on his sharp jawline sealing in the perfection that was his face. He stared intently at me, right into me, and I got lost in the warmness of his dusky eyes. Then I felt myself took in a huge breath as I woke up, realizing that I had forgotten to breathe.

I blinked twice and bit my lip, "Look at...but it's a mistake...I'm not really...No. Yeah."

My cheeks were hot and I panicked as I heard my own voice dry up. Oh my god. What did I just say?

However just as I was about to find a hole and dive into it due to embarrassment, he also sort of blinked as if he too just saw a Greek God.

"Oh great, welcome, hopefully I'll, see you around."

What?

I blinked.

Really?

It seemed as if he didn't notice my awkwardness at all.

I slowly realized the awestruck moment wasn't purely one-sided, and looked down, flushed. My erratic heartbeat was the only thing that made sense in my brain. I wished I could say something, anything to save myself, but I couldn't form a single sentence. Then before I noticed I was forgetting my name, staring into his beautiful eyes again. Everything became alright suddenly and I smiled.

He flashed a smile too and I stopped breathing, then desperately tried to calm my stupid heart. His smile deepened as he watched me teeter on the spot. I bit my lip, lost, high, in the dreamy drama vibe surrounding us.

"These are the ties."

Because of our moment of weakness, neither of us noticed the lady had returned. She handed the guy his ties and looked at us curiously. "Look at how you two smile at each other, you kids know each other at school?"

We shook our heads no and I blushed. I wasn't even in high school.

"And here is your uniform." Oh CRAP.

I frowned as she handed me the uniform.

"Sorry I actually wasn't buying..." I started, feeling really bad and hopeless, when suddenly the simplest way out of this mess showed itself. "I-I actually realized I didn't bring enough money to buy it. I am so sorry ma'am, I apologize for your inconvenience."

"That's alright, dear." She smiled.

I apologized again and started to hand the uniform back to her.

"I can pay for her."