0.6 - Wrath Itself

It was a moment of dumbfounded blankness before he finally found himself again and scrambled to reassemble the pieces of his heart. He was still powerlessly lost in this long, surreal night but one thing was certain, he could not let the scary angel leave. Even if she might be wrath itself incarnate. The Goddess of Wrath. He shivered involuntarily as he reminisced her cruel godly face but inexplicable thrills wriggled through his body like tiny worms when the thought of facing her again slowly solidified in his mind. His heart beats quickened.

He needed her. Plain and simple.

He was in dire need of help, anyone with any sense of empathy should at least attempt to help, shouldn't they? Yes, but you already know she wouldn't help, you're only going after her because you want her. He bit his lip hard, heat resonated through his body and he denied the truth a bit shamelessly. No, that's not it, I need help, and she is the only person alive in America tonight, apparently. He took in a breath crudely to regroup his brain cells as he came up with flowery excuses for his scathing desire. This was the right thing. This, was logical. He dug his nails into the fists that were in his pockets, turned the corner promptly, and went after her.

The street was a lifeless wreck just like all the streets he had treaded upon tonight, but his eyes only saw the blinding light shimmering around her slender figure. She was a few yards ahead and he took a couple of big strides to get beside her effortlessly.

"I'm sorry, hello...." His throat constricted and his voice vaporized when her sizzling gaze seared through his own. He tried to calm himself under her melting presence and couldn't help but take a step closer to her, noticing at once her inconspicuous retreat from his advance.

"Hello, I'm sorry...." Why didn't he learn anything useful when the company was teaching them foreign languages? He gritted his teeth and regretted not spending much effort during those lessons, if he had, he wouldn't be stuck repeating "sorry" and "hello" back and forth in Chinese and Japanese right now.

"What part of 'speak English' did you not understand? Just because I may look Asian doesn't mean I speak kimchi or whatever magical incantations you have going on for you over there." She sneered furiously and raised her lovely voice against the feebly hushed night.

He didn't realize how angry she had gotten in the last ten seconds of his struggling with those stupid sorry's and hello's. Why exactly did he try to speak Chinese and Japanese to her?! He should have just used English. Her beautiful face was dangerously vile and she looked like she might actually pull out a gun and shoot him right there. He eyed her pocketed hands carefully now.

"I'm sorry," He mumbled in Korean and then realized his mistake and immediately tried to save any grace by switching into broken English, "I'm sorry, sorry, please, help me...?" He finished miserably and watched in hopelessness as her knotted eyebrows travel further together.

"What are you doing here?" She demanded.

"I am...lost. I'm from Korea."

"Obviously." The disdain in her voice was frightening, "I meant what are you doing out here at four in the morning when you can't even speak English?"

What did she just say? He tried to stitch together the slippery words but all he could get out of that sentence was "speak English," and he was pathetically bad at doing that, unfortunately.

"I am...." He tried to piece together something meaningful but words wouldn't come. He couldn't think straight. His reasons were fleeing fast under her dazzling company and all he wanted was to be closer to her. He took another step toward her against his better judgments and she tensed up instantly at their proximity.

"I can't help you. Sorry." She said curtly and turned to leave.

"I'm...."

They both stopped their movements. His hand was just a few inches away from grabbing her arm and her murdering eyes froze dead on the street ahead, when the background silence was stirred awake by a string of penetrating shouts.

A/N: Yo, I know the girl seems horrible right now but I promise she has a reason :P Don't hate her too much yet hopefully. She's kinda funny imo, at least I tried to make her kinda funny. Tried. Haha. Vote and comment!