19 - After | EXO

"Hey."

I ignored him.

"Hey!"

I kept my eyes shut.

"Choi Inhye!" His grip on me hurt all the way to my bones and I opened my eyes unwillingly as Chanyeol shoved me against the back of the couch. "How are you getting home? Can you even walk?"

The only thing I could feel in my legs was the hurting tendons in my inner thighs; Jongin worked them too hard when I was straddling him.

"I'm fine. They're l-leaving, go." I heard myself say.

Chanyeol looked over his shoulders to his friends at the door.

"C'mon, Yeollie, we need to leave." Minseok sighed.

I pushed Chanyeol lightly. "Go."

He shook his head. "There's no way you can make it home by yourself. You need to be taken back. Where do you live?"

I saw Minseok looked up to the ceiling in the attempt to contain his exasperation.

"M-my friend will pick me up. She picks me up all the time. I'll be f-fine."

He looked unconvinced.

"Really, I live close. J-just go."

"Lies, and lies. If you lived close, your friend wouldn't need to pick you up all the time, so you must live far. And if you lived far with no friends to pick you up, you need to take the subway back. There's no way you can survive the subway back at this hour, in your condition. Tell me where you live." He sounded angry.

You're wrong. I take the bus back. But why is he so good at picking apart those stupid details? My head was already hurting too much without all this logical reasoning.

"Why d-do I have to tell you a-anything about me? Y-you are not taking me back. There is n-no way I'm going anywhere with you."

He stood up and looked around the room. "Where is your phone?"

Why does he need it?

"Give me your phone. I'm calling your friend to tell her you need to be picked up."

"Park Chanyeol, that's enough." Minseok looked Chanyeol in the eye sternly, his voice strained. "Now is not the time to play knight. We might already be in trouble. Everyone is covering for us right now. Kyungsoo and Jongin are waiting for us downstairs."

I looked to the door. The others had already left. Minseok continued with a hard expression. "Pay her boss if you want, ask him to look after her. You are not staying."

The disregard in Chanyeol's eyes stirred my heartstrings. He didn't give a damn about what he had just been told to do. He simply stared at me, telling me without words that he was going to stay. I was seeing doubles but I forced my alcohol fueled brain to capture this feeling of warmth and lock it up in my heart. It felt so foreign. So good.

But I couldn't let him do what he wanted to but shouldn't do.

I stood up and collapsed into him. He steadied me instantly with gentle hands.

"Careful, are you alri –"

"You can't stay. I have an appointment tonight." I whispered into his ear and ran my hands up his chest, hoping that would add some innuendo to the lie I was telling him. "A date, i-if you know what I mean. He pays well."

Chanyeol's lips tightened into a thin line. If my vision wasn't this blurry I would say he tottered on the spot.

"He's picking me up after work. You can m-make an appointment if you want my service, after-hours. I'll give you my number."

Something in me broke when disrespect flashed over the concern in Chanyeol's eyes. He looked at me in dolorous silence.

"Since you like me so much, I'll g-give you a discount, Master Yeol." I placed a kiss on his collarbone and felt him shudder. "Buy one night, get one free. You can do anything you want to do to me. Satisfaction guaranteed."

He shook his head and I pushed him away, letting myself fall backward onto the couch.

Chanyeol backed away from me with an unreadable look. My whole system was breaking down under his clear, candid gaze. He joined Minseok at the door like a ghost.

"Thanks for the offer. I'll get your number from your boss." He said in a low voice and turned his back on me.

I felt like throwing up.

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.