36 - No Right | EXO

Song: Hurt - EXO

The tiny elevator could not contain my nervousness. What am I going to say? I tried to stay calm. You must be fierce. Unforgiving. Cold.

You must let Oh Sehun know that what he did to you was unacceptable.

I tried to rehearse the scene.

Here's your keys.

Say it confidently and coolly. Look displeased.

It had to go down the way I wanted it to. I must be the one in control.

Yes, Choi Inhye. You cannot let Oh Sehun be in control. You are no match when he is.

I fidgeted a little at how honest my thoughts were, embarrassed, but glad at the same time. At least my brain wasn't completely dysfunctional. Yet.

The elevator came to a stop shakily as if it were ashamed of my struggles. That ride was way too short. I bit my lip and started to walk out, trying to stay collected by replaying the scene that was about to happen.

Here's your keys. Coolly and confidently. Here's your keys. Coolly and confidently. Here's your keys . . .

I suddenly wanted to run back up my apartment.

I shouldn't have come down to meet him. I should have just let him be and gone back to sleep.

But I knew I wouldn't have been able to fall back asleep after hearing his voice.

The little lobby area was dim and shabby, empty except for a trashcan. The mailboxes looked neglected, with letters and fliers sticking out messily. The double doors to the lobby were opened all the way and propped back against the walls, like usual, giving an illusion of a bigger lobby by making it look like the courtyard and the lobby was one connected space. It took me three steps to walk out the lobby and into the tiny courtyard, which felt too crowded even though the only thing there was a pot of small tree.

I can still back out. If I just turn around.

I stared at the metal door that led out to the streets. This block of metal was the only thing that separated me and him.

But I can't turn around. I can't just ignore him after he came all the way here. He already came, and he needed his keys. I can't just tell him to go back.

Right?

I tried, and failed, to explain the situation to myself. My logic was gone. It was wrong to see him now, yet it was also wrong to not see him.

Whatever.

I unlocked the door. I had to give him his keys because he came for them.

The first thing I saw was his shadow. I held the door with my hand and saw his shadow move on the ground as I pulled the door further back.

Then he was in front of me. Beautiful, tall, and handsome, the real life version of the Oh Sehun in my dream before he woke me up. I almost stopped breathing. His perfection was unfair.

Oh Sehun took a step forward when our eyes met and I backed a step away automatically. He smiled down at me, staring at me in silence under the moonlight in pure delight. I couldn't move. His face looked even more unreal than it had been the last two times I'd seen him. His eyes were hypnotizing. Something about him was different. I knew it was a mistake to meet him.

I was already losing control and he hadn't even spoken a word.

"Hey."

"Hey."

Silence.

We stared at each other wordlessly, like we were in a romantic movie. I felt myself shiver.

He frowned.

"Here's your keys."

I heard myself say.

He looked at me intently without taking his keys. The silence was now toxic. Suddenly I was upset. So upset. I wanted him to say he was sorry. To apologize to me sweetly, to plead for forgiveness and please me. But he said nothing.

I pushed the door a little in frustration. He placed a hand on it to stop me from closing the door. Yet still, he said nothing.

I could not control my heart anymore. All of a sudden I wanted to know why. Why he was late. Why he was here. All of a sudden I really, really wanted to talk to him. To be around him. To know him.

I had lost control entirely.

But still he said nothing.

No thank you, no sorry.

I held his keys out to him angrily.

Who does he think he is?

I felt so small and weak.

All I wanted tonight was to see him. I had spent my entire night wanting to see him. Now I knew how stupid that was.

I broke our eye contact and reached over to drop his keys into the bag he was holding. I needed to go. This was too much.

He grabbed my arm as I dropped his keys into the bag.

---

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Omg so much tension. ;) SPEAK SEHUN did you not rehearse like Innie did? Everybody and their mom's been waiting for your holy arrival perhaps your highness should say a word. Next chapter is going to destroy me though. Too Sehunicious. Can we get this to 370 reads / 34 votes and 29 comments?