Chapter 1

September 21, 2010-

          "Kae, Sweetie I have some big news for you" My mom said one night at dinner.

          "Your not pregnant are you?" I put down my fork and watch her. My moms been different lately, seeing different guys, wearing clothes that she would normally never approve of. It all screams mid life crisis but I would never say anything.

          "I know how much you love Hockey so I signed us up for something and we got approved" She smiles and adjusts her tank top strap.

          "What is it?" I stand up and smile, Hockey has been my favorite thing in the world since I was little. It was the only thing I got from my dad, an older man who had abandoned me and my mom, a year ago  for a younger woman. The younger woman just happened to be my ex best friend. So I know knew that every time that I would wake up and Sarah wasn't on the floor in her sleeping bag, she was done stairs doing god knows what with my father. My mom didn't know who my dad left her for just that she was younger. I wonder how she would feel if she found out the girl was only 17 and a 1/2. 

          "We're housng a hockey player for the season" She smiles.

          "Your not joking are you" 
When she shook her  head and chuckled, I started my happy dance. Twirling and jumping around the small dining room. 
           "Which one?" I get in her face, still jumping.

          "We wont find out until later in the season but we're going to the first home game on the 30Th" I kiss my mom on the cheek before hurrying to finishing my dinner. 

~~~~~~

Authors Note-

I recently became a huge hockey fan and after me and my mom were talking about where hockey players stay during the season, I came up with this story. I wanted to make this part longer but I'm not sure how to explain the game. I love hockey and all but I'm not sure how to explain it. Hope you enjoy. PLEASE, Comment, Vote and Fan.