Chapter 52

2 months later...

I sagged in my seat as the final buzzer went off and Saginaw Spirit lost the 4th game of the playoffs. My mom turned to me with a frown on her face.

"I really thought they were going to win that one." She says as she watches the boys leave the ice, their heads down. Everyone gets up and slowly leaves, not many people were left, most people had left when they realized that the boys didn't have a chance. 

Once most of the people were going me and my mom made our way to the locker room. Talking to the workers as we waited for Justin to come out. 

When he finally came out, he quickly signed a couple of things for the kids that had waited before grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the exit, my mom trailing behind us. 

My mom and his family knew that we were together, We had told all of them the day before his parents and his brothers went back to Canada. His mom had been ecstatic and his dad was cool about it, his brothers spent the day teasing us. My mom was the only one that had a problem with it. She was worried that if our relationship ended badly, we wouldn't be friends anymore and it would be akward for Justin to live with us. It was the exact opposite of that. We don't argue as much, but I will admit that there are moments when I wouldn't mind kneeing Justin where the sun dont shine. 

As we got to our cars, my mom said goodbye to us and got into her car. Justin pulled me towards his car, opening the door on the passenger side open for me and closing it once I was in. Once he was in and seated, he took my hand.

"I cant believe my first hockey season in the Ohl is over." He whispers.

"Its been a long season." They had done really well and made it very far into the playoffs. 

"You know what this means right?" I pull my hand away from his and turn to face the window, pressing my face against the cold glass.

"I dont want to talk about it." I whisper.

"Then I'll just say it. With in the next week I'm going to have to go home." 

Thats when the tears start to fall. I couldnt bare to imagine what life was going to be like once he went home and the bedroom across from mine was empty. I couldnt imagine not being able to hear his teasing comments about everything I did.

He grabs my shoulder and pulls me into a hug, placing a kiss on my forehead. 

"The next season starts in exactly 7 months. We wont be apart for that long." He takes my hand again, placing it in his lap as he starts the car and begins the drive home. 

_________________

This chapter was supposed to be longer but I changed my mind about what was going to happen.