Chapter 34

Chapter 34

After leaving school, I went home expecting my mom to be at work and to have another day alone. I was wrong. My mom was home and she watched me as I walked through the front door and swung my bag on the couch. I didn't notice she was there until I had grabbed a bag of chips and was settling down in the chair. She was sitting on the couch, with her arms crossed as she glares at me.

"What are you doing home?" 

"I don't know." I re-clip the bag of chips closed and set them on the ground. 

"Your grounded." She stands up, grabs the chips and reaches over to my bag, grabbing my phone from the pocket that its sticks out of.

"You cant  just ground me because of one little thing." I felt broken and I didn't want to listen to her anymore. It was like at that moment something in side me snapped and I couldn't handle people treating me like a little kid, I was almost 17 and could make my own decisions without having to make sure it was okay with everyone else.

"Your skipping school and talking back. two big things right there."

"Whatever. I'm not going to listen to you anymore." I jump up and snatch the phone out of her hand. 

"You leave and I'll call the cops."

"And say what? Your Teenager ran away?" I laugh. "I'm sure they'll just jump up and come look for me."

"The word Un-stable will having them looking for you." She runs over and blot locks the front door.

"So now I'm Unstable?" I grab my bag and head towards the back door "Good to know that you think so highly of me." I wipe my eyes before running down the back steps and down the street.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I found myself sitting at Zane's grave. The headstone had just been set down and was shining brightly as I leaned against it. I bug around in my bag until I found my pain pills. Emptying half the bottle into my hand and pulling out a water bottle, I slowly took the pills. If they worked for the pain from the accident, could they work for heart break? From where I was sitting, anyone that drove bywouldn't be able to see and knowing that if my mom did call the cops, none of them would be smart enough to look here. Just thinking about how no one would look here made my chest ache even more and I have the need to reach down and once again grab the pill bottle. 

I pushed the itchy feeling aside and stared up at the sky. Watching as the birds flew around, chirping happily like the free animals they were. As the sun set, I knew the gates would be locking soon. So i grabbed my bag and headed towards the back gate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I eventually found myself sitting in my room. I had walked past my house to see all the lights off, So I hurried in and ran to my room. I had been sitting on my bed, not really focusing in on any thing when My mom and Justin got home. I could hear as they walked in, I could hear their worried tones, I could hear as Justin glided up the stairs. 

I watched as he walked to my doorway, I looked right past him. Focusing on the spot behind his head, I sat there as he glared at me.

"I could get you sent home" I tell him as I start to smile.

"You would'nt do that."

"I read the housing rule book, I could call the people and tell them that you've been rude and that someone very important to me has passed. They would have to move you because of the death and because of the rude you would get sent home and no longer be on the team." I laugh.

"The team is everything to me. You wouldn't do that would you?" He walks into the room, his head shaking as he tries to believe that I wouldn't do that.

"Your happy and I'm not! I would do anything to make you unhappy." I reach for my bag with one hand, using my bad hand to grab the rule book with the phone number.

Justin grabs both of my wrists. "Please don't." He whispers. 

"Will you help me?" I let go of both items and throw myself into his chest.

"I'll defintly help you but you cant send me home okay?" He strokes my back as I shake in his arms.

_____

The song to the right is Haunted by Kelly Clarkson.

I think it kind of explains what is going on in Kae's head.