Chapter 40

Chapter 40

Monday at school was in away difficult. When walking into school today, I was between Justin and Ali. Ali kept elbowing me and waggling her eyebrows while looking at Justin. I glared at her, and clueless Justin didn't notice a thing.

After Lunch I ran into Sarah and Justin in the hall. I didn't litterly run into them, they didn't even notice me so there was nothing stopping me from listening into whatever arguement they were having this time. Stepping back down the hall I came from, I pressed my back against the wall and turned my head to the side. Out of the corner of my eye I could see them both and I could hear perfectly.

"I believe you know." Justin said, running his hand through his hair like he did when he was nervous.

"So you no longer think that I hit Zane and Kae?" I get to watch as Sarah's face lights up at his words.

"I know it wasn't you. I got to see the car. I found his id." He looks at his feet. I frowned at the fact that Justin got to see the cars from the accident and he didn't say anything about to me.

"Who's?" Sarah's face falls.

"Todds." I clap my hand over my mouth to prevent myself from gasping. He had to be lying or there was a different Tod that Sarah was involved with.

"What did you do with it?" After being friends with Sarah for so long I know that shes on the urge of breaking down.

"Turned it in."

"You did what!" I yelled and turned the corner as Sarah said the same thing.

Justin turns and glares down at me. "Kae." He says my name in a warning tone.

"Why would you do that?" I run forward and get in his face. "Why would you turn my father in for something he didn't do!" I blink quickly to prevent tears from falling.

"I was with her right before the accident happened, theres no way she couldve gotten that drunk that quick. Besides she pregnant no matter what was happening she wouldn't have gotten drunk." As the words slips from his lips, his eyes widen but he quickly continues "Just face the fact that your dad is a drunken fool that killed Zane." 

Sarah opens her mouth to say something but before she can, I reach up and slap Justin across the face. She gasps and Justin closes his eyes, taking a step back.

"I know my dad didn't hit me and Zane but if he did, its all your fault." I glare at her before continuing to class.

~~~~

When school ended I quickly made it out to the car that my mom was letting Justin drive, glad that she gave me an extra set of keys. I was the first one home since My mom was at work and since I was almost positive Justin wouldn't have hurried out so he would be walking. Z greeted me at the door, tailing wagging as I hooked him up to the leash and let him out.

I knew that Sarah's pregnancy wasn't the same one from the October. She would've been showing by now. She must've had a miscarriage. I'm almost a hundred percent positive that the first pregancy was an accident and that my dad would've done anything to prevent it from happening it again, so was the baby my dads?

Did Justin turn in my dads Id for Zane or to protect Sarah? And there's only one thing I was positive about, the small crush I had forming on Justin, was gone.

When Justin got home he glared at me, before running up stairs and not coming back down until dinner.

My mom didn't ask what was going on between us and I was glad.