Chapter 43

Chapter 43

"Justin were are you going?" Ali called as she chased Justin down the stairs, pulling me with her. 

I had invited her over after school hoping she could help me get my mind off things but the moment she saw Justin leaving his room, with his bag of hockey equipment hauled over his shoulder, she decided we were going with him. 

"Practice." He answers her as he gets to the front door, setting the bag on the ground and grabbing the keys he turns to us.

"Can we come with?" Ali walks closer to the door, still pulling me along. 

Justin suddenly looks at me, he looks shocked that she would be asking something like that. "Do you want to come?"  

"Sure." I hadn't been to any of his games in awhile and the last time I asked to go to one of his practices he told me that they were closed and no one outside of the team was aloud to come, but that was right when I met him. The was also around the time that I had nothing better to do then watch hockey.

"Sarah will be there." He says flatly, one eyebrow raised as he continues to stare at me.

"Okay..." I didn't want to give him the satisfaction of me not going because of he but I was going to do everything I could to make sure I wasn't sitting anywhere near her. "I'm kind of offended though."

"Why?" Justin finally looks away, reaching down so he can get his bag again before turning and opening the door.

"Even when we were friends, you never invited me." I shake my head as I push past him and step onto the porch. Even though I had forgotten about her, Ali was right behind me, a frown on her face.

"If we aren't friends what are we?" Justin is right behind us as we dart down the steps towards the car.

"Housemates?" I tell him as I slid into the backseat, pulling the door closed behind me, smirking when I know he cant see my face.

"Your so mean." Ali gets into the passenger seat. She glares at me as Justin stuffs his bag into the trunk.

"I'm only teasing him."

She opens her mouth to say something but quickly shuts it when the drivers side door opens andJustin's gets in.

______________________________

The next couple of chapters are going to be about Hockey and Justins Parents.