Chapter 6 part 2

My mom sat in her seat, her head between her knees.

"How long have you know?" She whispered, her voice emotionless. 

"I found out right after the divorce." 

I had felt strong when I told her in front of my dad but now, I just felt mean.

My mom sits up, opening her mouth to say something but is cut off by the lights dimming and the candaian anthem beginging.

Everyone stands and some sing along, when thats over they move on the our National anthem.

The starting players are introduced and the game beings. Justin doesnt start but he plays a few times, while I cheer him on my mom gives pathetic little woos.

The Saginaw Spirit beat the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds 5-2.

~~~~~~

"Hi Bill the Locker room guard" I smile as me and my mom stand outside the locker room like me and my dad used to do to get autographs after the games. Bill was the only guard that ever stood outside the locker room, and he wasnt really a guard. He didnt carry any weapons but whenever someone got to close to the door he sure had alot to say.

"Hello Kae, Wheres your dad"

"He and my mom arent togther anymore and I dont see him much" I whisper as my mom stares off into space.

"Oh, thats to bad" He smiles and looks around."What are you doing out here, you've had to have gotten everyones autographs by now"

"Theres new players this year Bill and I'm not even here for  autographs, I'm housing a hockey player this year and I'm waiting for him"

"Ah, I see. Who are you housing?" Bill steps to the side as one of the players comes out and starts signing a young girls jersey.

"Justin Kea" I smile.

"He's got potenial"

"I've only seen him play twice and I already know that."

Alittle while Later Justin comes out, frowning at the lack of people that want his autograph.

"Your Still Young Kea, Not many people know you" Bill says as he taps justin on the back. 

~~~~~~

"Is your mom alright?" Justin whispers from behind me as we drive home.

"I'm fine" My mom snaps, causing Justin to lean back in his seat and stay quiet for the rest of the drive home.

Once we get home Justin grabbs his bags and I show him to his room.

"Thats the bathroom" I tel him as we walk past the pale yellow door that my mom had painted during one of her happy moods.

"Your house is very colorful" He chuckles.

"When my mom isnt all bitchy she likes to paint."

"Most people that like to paint, paint pictures but-"

"But my mom perfers the walls" I Finsh the sentence for him, smiling to myself.

I push open the room with the light blue door, the room had always been a guest room.

"My mom couldnt pick out just one bed set so she bought 4 different ones, so you can pick which one you like best. I'll be in my room, across the hall. Let me know if you need anything" Not sure what else to say, I watch him put his bags down and look around before leaving. Had I not said enough? Had I said to much?  

"Dinner!" My mom shouts, a few minutes later. Justin comes tumbling out the room.

"I'm starving." He smiles, before dogging down the stairs.