Chapter 38

Chapter 38

The two days with Ali were fun. After that one moment she didn't mention Justin at all. Both nights were the same, getting any homework we have as quickly as possible then seeing how long we could stay up. We talked about random things, nothing to serious. It was nice to have a friend like her.

Right before Ali left on Thursday, My mom had called saying that her and Justin weren't going to be home until late Friday night, due to a stop that they had to make. 

Ali had asked if she wanted me to stay another night. I had told her no, One night alone would do me good. Despite what my mom believed, I needed time alone. I needed time to think and I couldn't do that with someone around. 

Ali was still the one to drive me home, which I really was thankful for. 

"Wait." Ali said as I opened the car door. Sighing, I pull the door closed and turned to her.

"What?"

"I got asked out today." Her cheeks turn pink as she twists the sapphire ring on her finger. 

"By who?" Ali was shy and innocent when it came to guys so it was nice to hear that someone had asked her out and she was actually thinking about it.

"Bryce Harper. He was Zane's friend and he's on the student council with me."

"Do you like him?" 

"Yeah." She continues to twist the ring as she stares off into space.

"Then why are we having this conversation. Call him" When she makes no move to call him, I reach down and pull her phone out of the side pocket of her purse. Once I toss it into her lap she finally moves. 

"Okay." She laughs nervously before picking up the phone and dialing a number. I say goodbye and get out of the car, just as she starts talking to Bryce. 

Once inside the house, I pull my scarf and hat out of my bag before dropping it to the floor. 

I peek out the window to make sure Ali has driven away before pulling the hat on and wrapping the scarf around my neck. After making sure I had my house key, I walked outside, pulling the front door closed behind me.

Ali wouldn't have allowed me to do this, not even my mom approved but Justin didn't care if I went. The walk was long but It was worth it.  I was even smiling as I walked up to Zane's Headstone. 

"Hi." I said as I sat cross-legged in the grass.  I didn't have any close dead relative so I wasn't used to being at the cemetery, or sitting and talking to a person who had passed away.

"Things have been weird." I said as I picked at the grass."Not really bad but not exactly good." The wind blew harder and I found myself reaching up and pulling my hat down over my ears.

"Justin's kinda help and he isn't as annoying as he used to be." No way in hell was I going to tell Zane that I admitted to Ali that I liked Justin. 

"It looks like Saginaw Spirit is going to the Play offs." I ran my fingers over his name before standing up. The cemetery was surprisingly busy, In this weather I  didn't expect anyone to be here, I expected to be the only one sitting and visting I bit the inside of my cheek as I watched an elderly women climb out of her car and 

wobble over to a headstone. She placed her hand on top of it and I believe she said a few words before walking back to her car.

"True Love never dies." I tell Zane as I re-take my seat at the base of the headstone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Kae!" A annoying voice says as I pull my blanket closer around myself. "Kae! Wake up! I've got a surprise for you." The person grabs my shoulder and shakes. 

"Leave me alone. Its to earlier." I bury my face in my pillow, groaning when he doesn't go away. I was just drifting back to sleep when I heard a weird noise. "Did you just bark?" I roll over on to my back, pulling my foot away as he tries to tickle me.

"No. The surprise did." 

Sitting up, I look at Justin. "No." I shake my head

"What?" He looks around, trying to play the innocent one.

"You got me a dog." I couldn't help but laugh.

"It was your mom's idea." He reaches down to his feet and comes back up with a puppy. Jumping up and squealing I take the black puppy Labrador retriever. 

"He is so cute." The puppt licks my cheek as I hold him.

"Told you she would love it." Justin yells as he walk out of my room. 

______________

After this Ali is going to have her own story, that's why I had Ali tell Kae about the guy. He's going to be apart of it and Its going to be called Reality Sucks.

Kae and Maybe Justin will be in it. 

But I'm not going to tell anyone what its about.

Its not a sequel, more of a spin off.